Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I filter expense transactions by employee? When I filter by a payee that is an employee, the results are blank.

Solved
JanyRoseB
QuickBooks Team

Employees and payroll

Hello there, wsengineering-ll.

Good to see you here in the QuickBooks Community. Allow me to provide some information about the expense transactions. 

We have an ongoing issue where some users are not able to filter the expense transactions by employee in QuickBooks Online (QBO). Our engineers are already investigating the root cause of this unexpected hitch and are working to implement a solution. 

While we're continuing to work on resolving this issue, you can pull up the Transaction Detail by Account report and customize it to classify the employee's expense transaction as a workaround. 

Here's how:

1. On the left tab, select Reports.
  2. Type-in Transaction Detail by Account on the search tab.
  3. Click Customize.
  4. Select the Filter drop-down arrow.
  5. Click the Employee drop-down arrow, and select your employee's name. 
  6. Select Run Report

For additional reference, you can check this article on how to customize reports

I also encourage you to contact our QuickBooks Online Support Team so they can add you to our notification list of affected users to receive live email updates about this issue. 

Here's how you can contact our support:

1. Sign in to your QuickBooks Online company.
  2. Select Help (question mark icon) at the top right.
  3. Click Contact us to connect with a live support agent.

We appreciate your patience as we work through this. Don't hesitate to leave a comment below if you have any other questions about the expense transactions. I'm always here to help. 

View solution in original post