How to add Contractors or Subcontractors
Add Contractors or Subcontractors in the QuickBooks Online program by following these steps:
To add a contractor:
- Select Sales from the left navigation bar and then choose Customers.
- Type in the customer's information in the Customer Information window.
- Select is CIS contractor. Enter some additional information in the CIS Information tab.
- Click Save. The contractor will now appear in the customer list.
To add a subcontractor:
- Select Expenses from the left navigation bar and then choose Suppliers.
- Type in the supplier's information in the Supplier information window.
- Select is CIS subcontractor.
- Enter info in the CIS Information tab. HMRC will tell you all the information you need when you verify your subcontractor, including their CIS rate.
- Click Save. The subcontractor will now appear in the supplier list.
Note: Click the contractor/subcontractor's name to view some information about them. You can also edit their profile from this window, or click Create new to enter a new transaction.
You must This widget could not be displayed.