You can have 10 active custom fields between your sales forms (invoices, expenses, estimates), purchase orders, and customer profiles. Besides text, you can also create custom drop-down, date, and number fields.
- Select the Gear icon from any page. In the Lists column, select Custom fields.
- Select the Create custom field. If you’ve already created a field, you’ll see the Add field option instead.
- Choose Customer info or Transaction info. Customer info fields are for customer profiles. Transaction info fields are for sales forms and purchase orders.
- Give your custom field a name.
- Select Text, Number, Date, or Drop-down list from the Type drop-down.
- Choose where you want your custom field to appear. To show on sales forms and purchase orders only you see, choose Show on sales forms. To show on forms your customers see, choose Show to customer.
- Select Save when you’re finished.
Get ideas for custom fields you can create.