Experienced Member
Solved

Install 2019 version for Mac

I loaded 2019 for Mac but imported older 2016 file - not my most recent data.

I can't figure out how to get the lastest 2016 into 2019 version. Do I need to uninstall and install again?

Re: Install 2019 version for Mac

Hi there, @jsawabini.

Welcome to the Community. I'm here to help share some information about updating your company file from your old QuickBooks to the new one.

Before importing your file to the latest version of QuickBooks, you'll need to make sure that QuickBooks is updated to the latest release. These updates also referred to as Maintenance Releases or Patches, improve program functionality and fix known issues with the software.

Once done, you may now open your company file by restoring its copy on your recent program. 

Here are some articles that you can read through about QuickBooks for Mac 2019 for your future reference:

This information should get you moving today.

If you need additional assistance with QuickBooks, feel free to reach out to our Customer Care Team. They have necessary tools like screen-sharing that can help walk you through in fixing any QuickBooks Issues.

Please know that I'm just a post away if you have any other questions with QuickBooks. I'm always here to help. Have a good one!

Experienced Member

It is up to date. How do I restore my data in 2019 version?

Experienced Member

It is up to date. How do I restore my data in 2019 version?

This is getting a bit frustrating. What do I need to do to get some support in using this product?

Experienced Member

Still awaiting your reply to my questions.

Thanks for reaching out to the Community, @ter88meh.

I want to ensure that you'll be able to restore your data on your QuickBooks Desktop 2019.

Yes, this is updated. If you've created a backup copy for your company file, you can restore it directly to your QuickBooks Desktop 2019. However, if you encounter any error upon the restoration process, you may refer to this article for some troubleshooting steps: Restore Failed, when you try to restore a backup.

However, if you need further assistance with this process, I'd suggest getting in touch with our Customer Care Team. They have the capability to do a remote-viewing session that can walk you through the steps.

There you have it.

Feel free to post again if you have any other questions with this concern. I'll be around to help you out. Wishing you and your business continued success.