toddemerson
Level 1

Install

Hi Brenda79,

I was having this same issue, and it was only happening with the first check printed in a batch of checks.  I finally figured out why it was happening after much frustration.  It is definitely a bug in Quickbooks Pro 2016, which I reported to Intuit about a year ago, but they have not fixed it yet.

After the checks printed, instead of using my mouse to click on the Ok button in the screen that asks if the checks printed correctly, I was trying to save time by hitting the Enter key.  When I did this, two things were happening.  The first check in the list of checks printed was being selected, and the Ok button was being selected.  It was just the first check, because it is highlighted by default, and so by hitting Enter it was selecting the first check, and I could actually see the check mark appear for a second before the window closed.

The solution I came up with to prevent the problem is to go into Preferences, select the General tab, and check the box that says "Pressing Enter moves between fields".  Once this option is set, you will not be able to select a highlighted button by hitting Enter.  You will have to use the mouse to click on the button.

If you don't like this preference setting, you can avoid the problem by being very careful and make sure you always use the mouse to select Ok when it asks you if the checks printed correctly.

I hope this helps everyone that is having this issue. 

Thanks,

Todd Emerson