Iceguy
Level 1

Import Transaction to a MAC

I have a client who I just set up their file to import their invoices and sales receipts into their QB for MAC 2019.  Each time she goes to import, it is asking her to do a backup... the problem is it keeps asking over and over.... and never actually imports. 

She called QB and they are telling her that on QB for MAC, she can't import transactions.  However, I am almost positive I already has a client who does this on a different version.    

Does anyone now anything about this? 

Thanks  Tony Dickson

JonpriL

Install

Hi @Iceguy,

You can only import your transactions via Excel file. I'm here to help you accomplish this.

First, let's make sure to save your transactions via excel file. From there, here's how you can import them:

1. Go to File.
  2. Select Utilities.
  3. Choose Excel Files.
  4. Find and upload your Excel file.
  5. Click OK.

Once completed, you can now successfully upload your client's invoices and sales receipt transactions.

Here's an article you can read to learn more about how you can import your transactions: Import/Export Overview.

Let me know if you have any other questions. It'll be always my pleasure to help.

Iceguy
Level 1

Install

In QB MAC 2016, we import all Invoices and Sales receipts via a tab delineated .iif file.  

I received a call back and form QB and they said that 2019 does take in the iif file.  I have been importing into QB for PC since 2004.... I started working with the MAC 2016 recently.  However, now one of my clients us using 2019 and each time they go to import... it asks to do back up.  She does.. but no sales are going in... it does nothing.  

I have been on the phone twice today.  My client has been on the phone once.  

1. Her first call QB MAC support said... 2019 does not support import iif file (yet I know I do with 2016).

2. My next call said that it s a bug and they need to fix it. 

3. The last call I got hey said YES... it does work and it works now.   My client needs to call them back. 

So this whole thing has me confused.  First call says no... second says its a bug and third says it can.   

JanyRoseB
QuickBooks Team

Install

Hi there, Iceguy.

Allow me to jump in and help provide some additional information about importing transactions in QuickBooks Mac for Desktop. 

I've checked my resources to verify if there's an on-going issue about importing transactions in QuickBooks Mac, but we have no reports of any.

Also, QuickBooks Mac 2019 is the latest version, and it is compatible with the Intuit Interchange Format (.IIF) files when uses to import lists or export transactions.

To get started, here's how to download and install the .IFF import kit:

1. Download Kit.
  2. Select the Save button to download the IIF_Import_Kit.zip file to your Windows desktop.
  3. Use WinZip or any compatible file compression utility to extract the contents of the downloaded file. The contents will automatically extract into a sub folder called .IIF Import Kit.
  4. Open the IIF Import Kit folder to view its contents.

For additional reference, you can check these articles to learn more about the .IFF files: 

If you need further assistance with the steps about import transactions, I recommend to contact our QuickBooks Desktop Mac Support Team. They have additional tools to pull up your account and do a remote session.

Here's how you can contact our customer support:

1. Select QuickBooks Help menu.
  2. In order to route you to the correct support expert, we need to know what type of question you have.
  3. Click Continue.
  4. We’ll provide you a few options. You choose which one is best for you.

That should do it! Please know that I'm just a post away if you have any other questions about the .IFF files format. Have a good one. 

Iceguy
Level 1

Install

I was contacted by someone in QB and they were able to help resolve the issue.   Thanks!