ChrisD55
Level 2

Best credit card payment gateway?

Hi,  

What is recommended for accepting credit card payments?  (not on the spot, invoices will be emailed).  

As far as I can tell, only two options.  

Paypal: apparently integrated with QBO but the app has terrible reviews.  3.1% fees on visa/mastercard is quite expensive.  Can this be on charged to the client?  

Stripe: cheaper fees.  I can't see how this can link to QBO.  Is this possible?  If not, why not Intuit?  

Can definitely on charge to client.  Works like a dream in Xero.  Can this be used?  

Any other options or opinions would be greatly appreciated.  

Thanks 

Chris 

JessT

Manage customers and income

Hello Chris!

Accepting credit card payments are really helpful to increase sales.

We're partnering with PayPal to allow your clients to pay your invoices through it. However, we also support integrations with different applications that you can use as alternatives. Some of them are acting as a mediator app that transfers data from a payment platform to QuickBooks Online. I've seen a few that offers connection to Stripe, you might want to check it.

1. Click on the Apps menu.
  2. Click the Browse category drop-down list.
  3. Expand the Get Paid section and choose Receive payments.

Regarding the processing fee, you can ask payment platform if it has an option to charge it to your customers. 

We're always around to help you out.

user7262
Level 2

Have you tried Intuit payment option?  The fees are similar to others. It integrates well with QBO and desktop.  I consider fees as cost of doing business while collecting AR in a timely manner.

Square is another option.

hello69
Level 1

How do we use the Intuit payment option? I am also wanting to accept credit card payment in an invoice without using Paypal. Thanks!

Kristian_S
QuickBooks Team

Hello69,

Intuit payment option is currently not available for Australia, however this might change some time in the future.

Some of the current payment options we have for Quickbooks AU are: PayPal, BSB/ACC details (direct payment) or use of some 3rd party application integrated with Quickbooks Online.

We're always looking to make a better product so if you have any great ideas we'd love to hear them by going into the product > Settings (cogwheel) > Feedback and posting it there.

Hope this helps,

Kristian.

Fiat Lux - ASIA
Level 15

@hello69 

You may consider Stripe and using this connector to integrate with your QBO

https://automate.io?ref=quickbooks

Then consider another payment service to deal with multi currency transaction. It supports QBO

https://veem.grsm.io/veems

Hope it helps.

Kristian_S
QuickBooks Team

Hello 69,

You can also check the APPS tab within the product to find some 3rd party payment options such as Stripe as Fiat Lux - ASIA has alluded to.

Kristian.

andybanana
Level 2

Hi I'm curious to finding out more about setting this up. Now I use manual Square Checkout links, it's a manual process that works, but need some automation to speed things up 

Could you elaborate a bit more about how this could work? 

I am using Quickbooks AU, so needing some compatible and really want to avoid Paypal. 

Thanks in advance!

Andy

Fiat Lux - ASIA
Level 15

@andybanana 

What kind of business do you run? You should explore this app

https://get.practiceignition.com/quickbooks

If you are running a webstore, we may recommend other payment gateways to use in AU market and integrate one of them with your QBO account.