Andre416
Level 1

Backup to a network share

Hi there,

we have 3 users using QuickBooks Desktop with the company file located on network share. I set up a backup schedule and as soon as I save my backup schedule settings and close the window a backup file is created on the network share in a folder that I specified in my backup settings, but for some reason my scheduled backups do not work, any idea why?

Thank you

LauraAB
QuickBooks Team

Other Questions

Hi Andre416,

I'm glad to hear you regularly save a backup of your file and using the scheduled feature is a great idea. It'd be beneficial for an agent to take a closer look at exactly how you've got it set up, just to make sure everything is in line and no steps have been inadvertently missed.

I also recommend taking a look at this post from another community member to see if it fits your situation. This user wrote: Scheduled backups are NOT working in Windows 10 after upgrading to the latest Creators Update, 1709.... There are a number of comments from others that may help your situation.

If you'd like to review it, here's the article for creating a backup of your QuickBooks Desktop company file.

To do further troubleshooting with our phone support team, please call 1-877-772-9158. Pro and Premier support agents can help you at your convenience, 24/7. Enterprise support is available from Monday to Friday, between 9 a.m. and 8 p.m. EST.

Enjoy your day!