LauraAB
QuickBooks Team

Other Questions

Hi nathan6,

It's awesome to hear that you want to continue using QuickBooks Desktop and I appreciate the importance of making sure the data from your company file makes the move with you as you upgrade. I'll do what I can to lend a hand.

For a version of QuickBooks Desktop as old as yours, get in touch with our phone support team so we can have our Data Services department help you make the upgrade. You're right that you'd need to step up through the versions, but we don't have a customer-facing tool that will get you through it or links to products older than 2017 at this time. Data Services agents can take care of the work for you and then return your company file to you so that you can get back to business.

It's also important to note that QuickBooks Desktop for Canada now only works on Windows. If you'd like to continue using your Mac, you can consider the Boot Camp utility that's available on newer Macs or a program like Parallel, which would essentially run a virtual version of Windows on your computer. Learn more about the options in this article: Is there a CA version of QuickBooks Desktop for Mac?

If you have more questions or would like to get started with upgrading to QuickBooks Desktop 2019, give us a call at 1-877-772-9158. Desktop Pro agents are available 24 hours a day for your convenience. Learn more about our support policies here: Intuit QuickBooks Desktop software support policies

Enjoy your weekend!