Overtime01
Level 1

Changing Columns on receive Bills page?

On my purchase orders i order my clothing by size and color but when i try to receive the PO with Bill it only shows me the qty and cost colums. is there a way to add more columns on this page to make it easier to see what i need to receive? EG. I order 10 small red , 10 med red, 10 large red and 10 small blue, 10 med blue and 10 large blue tshirts but when i receive i may have only got 9 red medium but there is no way to tell when line this as as all i see is that the qty is 10 for all items and the cost is the same for all items. i don't know which line is which item?

Capture.JPG

LauraAB
QuickBooks Team

Other Questions

Hi Overtime01,

I appreciate the screenshot and it's cool to hear that you're using QuickBooks Desktop to keep track of your clothing apparel merchandise.

One great way to keep track of various items that are the same is to use the description to help you identify what it is. For instance, you could add S, M, L, and whatever else you need, including colours, to help you differentiate between the various items more quickly. That way, you can simply glance at the bill and know what you've got on there.

To edit your inventory items, follow these steps.

1. Click Lists from the top toolbar.
  2. Choose Item List.
  3. Find the item in question and double click to open it.
  4. Change the Description in the Edit Item window.
  5. Click OK to save.

Let me know if you have more questions!

Overtime01
Level 1

Other Questions

Thanks for your answer but there there are literally 1000's of items that I order and Sell without even beginning to break them down by size and colour.  I added the custom fields of Size and Colour on my PO form but these do not carry over into the receive items form and there is no way that i can see to format these forms.  Am i correct or can these fields be added into the item receipts/bills page?

MirriamM

Other Questions

Hello again, Overtime01,

I appreciate you getting back to us.

Currently, the custom fields that you've added on your PO doesn't carry over.

QuickBooks integrate with hundreds of third-party software developers.  

To view wide-range of options of compatible third party applications, you may wish to consider looking to our third party application provider: Intuit Marketplace.

Please let me know if you have any further questions concerning your QuickBooks Desktop account, I'm always here to assist.

Overtime01
Level 1

Other Questions

No one is actually answering my questions though.  Can you add the columns into the Bills Page or no.  That's all i need to know.  I don't need to add anymore in and i only add product as i need to order it but that is not answering the question that i asked.  All i want to know is can the fields that are in my PO page be shown on the Bills Page??

LauraAB
QuickBooks Team

Other Questions

Hi again Overtime01. I hear what you're saying about having many, many items and the time it would take to enter in what I suggested from my original response in the description field. It's awesome that you've been able to customize the purchase order to include the fields you need. As MirriamM mentioned, these fields don't carry over to the bill. Bills in QuickBooks Desktop cannot be customized. I welcome you to submit feedback about this feature by going to Help in the top menu bar and then Send Feedback Online. It's a great way to share with us the features you need to make running your business easier.

Mouselette
Level 4

Other Questions

Hello Overtime,

Unfortunately, I have the same problem... 

I am using QB Desktop 2020, and like you created a custom field "Taille" and "Couleur", via the items listing. Those fields do show on my customer invoices, my POs, but not on my Bills, even though I fill out this info. Like you, it does not carry over...

I did check that the info is listed in the reports, so that's that. Maybe the input via the POs get depleted via the customers' invoices?

I am at that step...

I hope you found a solution, Overtime... I am in the same boat..

Alex M
QuickBooks Team

Other Questions

Hi there Mouseette,

it's vital that all your information is correctly displayed on your forms when sending them to customers or suppliers. QuickBooks Desktop is a tool able to helps you create and send invoices to your customers for the services you provide. I can point you in the right direction for assistance with the display of your forms.

For help with editing the view of the invoice to show certain fields, I recommend speaking with the support team outside of the Community. They'll be able to view your screen with you in order to best assist in customizing the form to see the info wanted. You can reach them using the options provided in the QuickBooks Desktop software support policies.

If you have any other questions, feel free to reach out here.