austin365
Level 1

Consequences of using Local System for qbdataserviceuserXX

https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Help-Articles/The-QuickBooksDBXX-service-on-Local-Computer-s...

In this article, solution 4, step 5, it says to not use local system. I was troubleshooting an error where the services wouldn't start when logged in as local admin, or as the qbdataserviceuserxx and every fix I tried failed. I've moved it to running as 'Local System' and it's been working. 

WIll this cause errors in the future? The article doesn't elaborate on the consequences of using 'Local System'

Solved
LauraAB
QuickBooks Team

Other Questions

Hi austin365,

Great job with the troubleshooting you've done! I'm glad to hear that setting up using a local system has solved the errors you encountered. I see the section of the article you're referring to and I'd like to do what I can to shed some light on it.

The article notes: "Only some set-ups allow it (the Database Manager Service) to work on Local System." The Database Manager Service only operates on a Local System with some configurations. It sounds like it's working with your set-up, but if you come across an instance where you need to change the configurations, the Database Manager Service might not be able to work on the Local System anymore.

If you have concerns about your set-up and changes you may make to it, I recommend calling the phone support team. That way, you'll be able to go into more detail about how you're setting up the Database Manager Service with QuickBooks Desktop. Reach out at 1-877-772-9158. You can get in touch with Pro and Premier agents 24/7 and Enterprise agents from Monday to Friday between 9 a.m. and 8 p.m. EST. Learn more about support policies here: Intuit QuickBooks Desktop software support policies

Have a great week!

View solution in original post