williamghenry
Level 1

Unable to export Reports to Excel

Hello,

I have a serious problem with Quickbooks. I have contacted Quickbooks Support and they have been unable to help me.

I use QuickbooksDesktop Pro 2019 updated. I cannot export reports to excel. All the fields are greyed out apart from Export to CSV.

I have used this facility for some years now without error I upgraded to Quickbooks 2019 and installed the Updates and Export to Excel has always worked up until a few days ago

I was told by support to uninstall Quickbooks and Office 365 which I have used for some time now. I have done this and reinstalled Office 365 first.

This has not worked I believe their is a fault with quickbooks not syncing with excel but I cannot get this facility to work It is most annoying because all my reports have been exported to excel.

Thank you

Can anyone help please?

Thank you

William Henry

EdwardR
QuickBooks Team

Other Questions

Hi William,

Thanks for sending us your question on Community.

We can certainly help with trying your QuickBooks exporting reports the way you like. Can I please confirm the version of Office 365 which you are using and if this locally installed or the online version?

Could you also send a screenshot of the account of the export to excel page when selecting on the export.

Thanks,

williamghenry
Level 1

Other Questions

Hello,

Thank you very much for replying to my question about being unable to Export Reports to Excel.

The problem has now been solved.

I uninstalled my 64 bit version of Microsoft Office 365 and I reinstalled the 32 bit version

All the options to export reports into Excel are available.

Thank you very much for your help.

Kind regards,

William Henry

GeorgiaC
QuickBooks Team

Other Questions

Thanks for getting back to us William, we're happy to know that's working for you now :)

catheoch
Level 1

Other Questions

Hello,

I too am having the same issue of not being able to explort to excel (other than as a CSV file)

I am using QB Desktop 2016  and have office 64-bit installed.

I do not wish/cannot switch to office 32-bit as this creates other isses (with other programs)

I have another installation of quickbooks on another pc, again with 64-bit office which CAN export to excel without issues. The conclusion being that this is NOT the core problem.

I have spent countless hours looking into this and it is clear that this is an issue for MANY people and I find it unthinkable that there is no specific and clear solution to this problem!

Switching to office 32-bit cannot possibly be a realistic solution as going forward, all computers will be running ONLY 64-bit.

Please come back with a solution that will help YOUR CLIENTS solve this issue as it is extremely frustrating.

MLC1
Level 1

Other Questions

I have the same problem.  I needed to reinstall Office 365 and did so - then Quick Book 2016 Pro would not create EXCEL reports.  I was told to reinstall Quick Books - done, but no different result.  There needs to be a solution to a problem that was not a problem previously.  The Excel function is critical to  generating many reports.

John C
QuickBooks Team

Other Questions

Hi MLC1

If you want Excel to work with QuickBooks 2016 you will have to have a locally installed version of office. The alternative is to upgrade to the 2019/20 version of QuickBooks which is compatible with office 365.

MLC1
Level 1

Other Questions

Ok, now I am using Quick Books 2019 Pro and the Export to Excel item is still greyed out and unavailable.  My version of Office 365 shows an Active Application Add-in of QB Excel 2007 Report Updater_64bit.dll.  

JoesemM

Other Questions

Hello there, @MLC1.

I want to make sure you'll be able to export everything into Excel. Let's get you back up and running.

It's good that you upgraded to the version of QuickBooks 2019 Pro. However, if you have the web version of Office 365, you need to install it locally so that it'll be supported by QuickBooks.

We can try these steps in solving the issues when exporting data to Excel.Hee's how:

1. Open your Microsoft Excel.
  2. Go to the File menu.
  3. Select Options at the left pane.
  4. Click on Advanced under Excel Options.
  5. Check the settings under Advanced options for working with Excel.
  6. Click OK.

On the other hand, you can also get in touch with an IT Professional for further assistance with the steps.

You can refer to this article if the export to Excel option is grayed out or you can't select it.

You can also check out this article and scroll down to Software compatibility for more information: System requirements for QuickBooks 2019 and Enterprise Solutions 19.0. Once done, try to re-export your Excel files again to double-check.

We'll be right here if you have other concerns. Have a great day!

MLC1
Level 1

Other Questions

What is strange is that in the Employee Center:Payroll Center, Fire Forms tab and under Reports I select Tax Form Worksheets with an EXCEL logo, I am able to produce Excel reports.  However, If I try to produce regular reports from under the Reports menu, the Excel options are greyed out.  

I do have a downloaded form of Office 365 and this export function has always worked until two weeks ago??  Still need help.

Ryan_M

Other Questions

Hi @MLC1,

I appreciate your prompt reply, as well as sharing additional steps you've tried so far.

At this point, I suggest contacting our Technical Support team for assistance. They can pull up your account info within a secure environment, and investigate this issue further for you. 

Here's how:

1. On your QuickBooks homepage, go to the Help menu.
  2. Choose QuickBooks Desktop Help.
  3. Tap the Contact us button.

Learn more about what you can import and export using MS Excel with this article: Import or export MS Excel files

Let me know in the comments below if you have other questions, and I'll get back to you. 

kar1o
Level 2

Other Questions

I also cannot export to 64-it Excel, but can export to 32-bit.  Did you find a solution that allows export to 64-bit?

kar1o
Level 2

Other Questions

Did you find a solution that allows export to 64-bit?

Catherine_B
QuickBooks Team

Other Questions

Hello there, kar1o. 

There are system requirements that allows us to export data into QuickBooks such as the computer's operating system and Windows compatibility. You can check out these articles on what compatible software your QuickBooks Desktop version have. 

Also, if you need more help in looking into the details of your software and in QuickBooks, you can get in touch with us. We can follow the steps provided by my colleague @Ryan_M provided above. 

Keep me posted if you need anything else. My colleague and I are here to help. Take care always!

kar1o
Level 2

Other Questions

Thanks.  Going to QB Desktop 2018, it says

"Exporting reports requires Microsoft Excel 2016, 2013, or 2010 or Office 365 (includes 64-bit)"

Yet, I was only able to export to Excel after uninstalling the 64-bit Office 2013 and replacing it with Office 2013 32-bit.   How do I get export to 64-bit working?

katherinejoyceO
QuickBooks Team

Other Questions

Thanks for joining this conversation, @kar1o. I understand the urgency to export to 64-bit Office 2013. 

As mentioned by my peer Catherine_B, contact our Technical Support team for further assistance. They can help check your account and the details of your software. 

For future reference, read through this article:  Microsoft Office 2010, 2013, 2016, and 365 FAQ. It helps you learn about what works and doesn't with Office 2013/365.

Let me know if you have any other concerns. We're always here to help. 

Spider Webster
Level 1

Other Questions

I've just come across this same problem. I have been able to export to excel for 22 years now and it has just stopped. Need it working as export Open Orders for customers.

I've bought a new PC with win 11 and re installed QBDT Premier 2020 

I've just got this working:-

Open windows settings and click Apps and installed Apps

Scroll to Microsoft 365 - en-us click and select Modify

How would you like to repair your Office programs? select Quick Repair and click Repair

My pc was new and had just had office installed but needed repairing to get this to work??

GeorgiaC
QuickBooks Team

Other Questions

Hi Spider Webster, thanks for joining this thread - just to confirm, are you now able to export to Excel successfully after completing the steps listed above? Please get back to us below if you do require any direct assistance with this.