sbd1
Level 1

"i have quickbooks mac 2016 and my accountant who has windows pc asked me to send a backup of my quickbooks file and that the file has the extension .QBB or .QBW. How do I do that?"

"i have quickbooks mac 2016 and my accountant who has windows pc asked me to send a backup of my quickbooks file and that the file has the extension .QBB or .QBW. How do I do that?"

AlcaeusF

Other questions

Hello there, sbd1.

Welcome aboard to the QuickBooks Community. It would be my pleasure to help you create a backup copy of your company file in QuickBooks Desktop for Mac.

You can create a copy of your company file in QBB format for Windows from the Mac version.

Here's how:

1. Open the company file in QuickBooks Desktop for Mac.
  2. Click the File menu.
  3. Select Utilities.
  4. Select Export.
  5. Click To QuickBooks for Windows.
  6. In the Save As field, type a name for the file. For the Where field, select Desktop then Save
  7. Send the backup to the Windows machine using any method you want (e.g., DVD, external hard drive, flash drive, FTP web site, or secure transfer service).

For additional insights regarding creating the backup copy, I'm adding the article I recommend on this (scroll down to Convert your Mac company file to a Windows file):

Convert a QuickBooks Mac file to QuickBooks Windows and back again.

For any additional questions or concerns you may have, feel free to reach out to me. The Community is always here for you.