Established Member

Password for Sample file on advance reporting

I am trying to ad a user in the Sample Rock Castle Construction Company for Advance reporting and it is asking for a password. If I hi enter it tell em [password incorrect. Enter into the program is admin and no password but here it asking for a password

QuickBooks Team

Re: Password for Sample file on advance reporting

Hey there, @Mark_T.

Thanks for posting here in the Community. Allow me to share some insights about entering a password when adding a user for advanced reporting. 

You'll need to modify the user's role for your company and add access for the advanced reporting. This way you can have a passport when accessing the report.

To do that:

1. Click Company located at the top, and select Users.
  2. Choose Set Up Users and Roles, then click the Role List tab.
  3. Click the New button, and enter the Role Name and Description
  4. Under Role Access, click the expand icon before File.
  5. Select QuickBooks Advanced Reporting.
  6. Under Activity Access Level, click the radio button before Full then click OK.
  7. Go back to the User List tab and select the user you want to edit.
  8. Find the role for advanced reporting under Roles, and click the Add button.
  9. Click OK.

To learn more about this process, please check out these articles:

With these resources, you'll be able to add a user for advanced reporting.

Please let me know if I can be of additional assistance. I'll be around to help. Have a great day!

Your answer has nothing to do with using Advanced Reportin in a Sample File - we don't have access to an Admin password that will let us set up the user role. So..... as to her original question: What is the admin password or how can we be able to use Advanced Reporting in a sample file
QuickBooks Team

Hello there, @sj22,

I'll help ensure you're able to access the sample file when setting up a user for Advanced Reporting. 

The steps provided by my peer above is correct about changing the user's role for your company. 

If you haven't set up an Admin password, you can leave that field blank. Then, you can click OK since the sample file will automatically open (see the screenshot below). 

If you’re not an admin user and the password is still incorrect, your QuickBooks admin can reset your password. You can contact your admin and have him follow these steps through this article: Reset Your Password for QuickBooks Desktop

This will help enable you to use Advanced Reporting in a sample file, @sj22. If you have follow-up concerns about this or should you need anything else, please let me know. I'm always here to help.