KhimG
QuickBooks Team

Other questions

Hi there, @Kim Perico.

Thanks for reaching out to the Community. I’m here to provide some insight regarding your question about adding sales tax to a purchase order in QuickBooks Desktop. 

I manage to replicate this on my end, and I am unable to add sales tax to a purchase order. From further research, I found out that QuickBooks isn’t designed to track sales tax automatically on non-sales transactions. You need to manually track it on bills, checks and purchase orders.

For more information, please check out this article: Track sales tax on purchases from vendors.

I can see how important it is for you to add sales tax to PO transactions. I’m going to submit feedback from my side to reinforce your request. 

I’d also suggest doing the same by following the steps below:
1.    Go to the Help menu and select Send Feedback Online.
2.    Select Product Suggestion.
3.    On the QuickBooks Feedback window, fill out onscreen instructions.
4.    Click Send Feedback.

These requests and suggestions are forwarded directly to the Product Development Team for consideration in future updates. They let them know what feature works best for you as a QuickBooks user.

That should do it. Please let me know if there’s anything else you need, I want to ensure your success. Thanks for dropping by and take care!