KhimG
QuickBooks Team

Other questions

Hello there, @clfp.

Thanks for reaching out to us. I’ve got some steps to try to fix the export to Excel issue in QuickBooks Desktop.

You should be able to export the report since QuickBooks Desktop 2019 is compatible with Office 365. If the only available option is to export to a CSV file, it can be due to the following:
•    Excel is not installed on your computer.
•    It's installed across a network.
•    The local Excel installation is damaged.

If Excel is installed on your computer and isn’t damaged, update QuickBooks to its latest release version and export the report once more. If the same problem occurs, try to repair the software.

Repairing QuickBooks can fix any program-related issues or errors. Before doing so, prepare the QB Desktop installation CD or download the installer from the website if the software is purchased through the phone or online.

Follow the steps below to repair QuickBooks:
1.    Restart the computer.
2.    Back up your QuickBooks company file.
3.    Go to Start and then Control Panel.
4.    Select Programs and Features
5.    In the list of programs, select QuickBooks.
6.    Choose Uninstall/Change, then click Continue and Next.
7.    Click Repair and then Next. Wait for it to complete.
8.    Once done, hit Finish.

Here’s an article for your reference: Fix QuickBooks Desktop (Windows).

If you continue to get the same result after performing these steps, check out this article for other recommended solution: Export option for Excel is grayed out.

That should do it. Please give this a try and let me know how it goes. If you have any questions, leave a reply below. I’ll be here to answer them for you. Thank you for reaching out and take care!