karen_labase
Level 2

Accounts Receivable balance on balance sheet does not match balance on trial balance due to foreign currency

This QBO file has a home currency of NIO (Nicaraguan Cordoba).  The account in question is a Accounts Receivable account, based in USD, so a foreign currency. 

As of 12/31/2018, the balance on the Trial Balance is 1,273.72, but the balance on the Balance Sheet is 1,443.88.  The difference is in Unrealized Gain or Loss, which has a balance of 170.16 on the Profit and Loss, but a balance of 0.00 on the Trial Balance.  Every other account matches (between the Trial Balance and the Balance Sheet and the Profit and Loss).

(Also, when I did the "Revalue Currency" as of 12/31/2018, this A/R account in USD is the only USD account that had an adjustment of 0.00.  Is it being treated differenty than other foreign (USD) balance sheet accounts because it's an A/R account?  Maybe this is the reason why the difference exists?)

I need a Trial Balance that matches both my Balance Sheet and my Profit and Loss.  How can I overcome this current discrepancy?