BettyJaneB
QuickBooks Team

Other questions

Hello there, @mayfieldsolar.

I appreciate the details you've given. Allow me to share some clarifications about this project concern. 

To start with, the Invoicing option that you have is just the same as the Sales menu that I have on my end. That said this don't impact any of the processes that we've been through.

On the other hand, if you mark the sub-customer as "Bill with parent" this will allow you to you to enter charges for the parent customer and the sub customer, then create the invoice later and have both the parent's and sub-customers charges appear on the same invoice. If you want to bill the sub-customer only the select "Bill this customer".

Also, since the sub-account is now associated with a project under the primary customer then this will automatically change the It's format. This will still have the same functionality. 

sc4.PNG

Lastly, the information that you've created should show up on your customer's transaction information when converting it to the project. 

Here's an article that you can check out about invoicing customers for project expense for your future reference: Invoice customers for project expenses.

This should get you moving today.

Keep me posted if there's anything else you need with projects by leaving a reply below. I want to make sure you're taken care of. Take care!