BettyJaneB
QuickBooks Team

Other questions

Hey there, @golftax.

Helping you to get past the error code (-6176,0) that you received is my priority. Let's get this sorted out.

The possible cause why Error -6176,0 occurs when opening a company file is when the firewall is blocking the connection between the two computers. To help us resolve the issue, make sure that your QuickBooks is updated to the latest release

Also, I'd suggest performing the QuickBooks File Doctor which can help fix a damaged company file or network. Here's a great article that you can check out to guide you with the entire process: QuickBooks File Doctor.

If the issue persists after trying these steps, you can refer to this article about fixing error 6000 in QuickBooks for more troubleshooting steps: Resolve Error -6000.

However, if the problem continues, I'd suggest reaching out to our Customer Care Team. They have an extra tool like screen-sharing that can help verify what's causing the issue. 

That should do it!

Please let me know how it goes or if you have any other questions about the error code (-6176,0) by leaving a reply below. I'm always here to help. Have a nice day!