Re: billable time entries on invoices or statements
Delighted to have you here, @pepperallgood.
I want to share some resources on how to include billable time in creating an invoice.
First, let's set your time tracking feature preferences. Here's how:
- Go to the Edit menu.
- Select Preferences.
- Choose Time and Expenses.
- Go to the Company Preferences tab.
- In the question, Do you track time?, select Yes.
- Set the first day of your work week.
- Put a check mark on the following:
- Mark all time entries as billable.
- Create invoices from a list of time and expenses.
- Click Ok.
Once completed, you can now record the hours spent on the job, using either a weekly time sheet or a single activity entry.
Here's how to create an invoice for time:
- Click the Customers menu.
- Select Invoice for Time and Expenses.
- Hit Ok on the prompt that says Choose multiple customers to Invoice for Time and Expense.
- Choose the Date Range and Template.
- Select the Customer:Jobs.
- Click Create Invoice.
- Review the invoice detail.
If you want to to enter a specific Billable Time and Cost, make sure to put a check mark on the tick box that says Let me select specific billables for this Customer:Job.
For additional insights, you may check out this article: Track job costs in QuickBooks Desktop.