Angelyn_T
QuickBooks Team

Other questions

Hi there, @pkaiser.

I understand how it felt when something isn't functioning properly as desired. To help resolve the issue, I recommend using the QuickBooks File Doctor. I'm here to help guide you how.

To use the QuickBooks File Doctor:

1. Download the QuickBooks File Doctor to your computer. If you already have a version of File Doctor on your computer (you will see a green File Doctor icon on your desktop), you will need to proceed with downloading and installing File Doctor to ensure you have the latest release. It is recommended to uninstall any previous versions of File Doctor before downloading and installing it.
  2. After the download completes, double-click qbfd.exe and follow the on-screen instructions to install the QuickBooks File Doctor.
  3. The QuickBooks File Doctor opens automatically after installing. If you do not see it opening, look for a green wrench icon in your Windows task bar.
  4. Use the drop down list to find your company file (this is based off your last 10 opened companies). If you do not see your company file in the list, click the browse button and manually locate it to continue.
  5. Select one of the options when prompted.
  6. When prompted, enter the Admin password for your company file then click Next.
  7. You will then be prompted to choose Host/Server or Workstation. It is important to make sure you pick the right option!
  8. Choose one of the following options, if prompted to share your company file. Yes: If you are running File Doctor on the computer hosting the company file (only choose this if you are running File Doctor on your server computer or host computer). No: If you are running File Doctor on a computer that is not hosting the company file (aka your Workstation).

9. Wait until the File Doctor finishes diagnosing. If you are running the data damage + networking option, you will need to wait until the tool finishes. Depending on whether your file is local or on a network, and file size, it could take a while to finish diagnosing and repairing your data file. The network only mode shouldn't take any longer than a minute or two.

Once done, close the File Doctor and try opening QuickBooks again.

If the issue persists, I suggest reaching out with our Support Team to check and investigate this further for you.

For additional reference about using the File Doctor, you may check this article: QuickBooks File Doctor - Fix your Damaged Company File or Network.

Please know that I'm always here to lend a hand if you have any other QuickBooks or data damage concerns. Wishing you continued success!

View solution in original post