Optimize
Level 2

Administrator doesnt have view rights to bank account

As of today, when I log into my company file as the administrator and try to view my bank register, I get a message that says I don't have rights to view the bank account and to ask the administrator for access - but I am logged in already as the administrator. When I look at the permissions detail report there is a banking category and two sub-categories - one for banking accounts and one for the specific account we created in chart of accounts. The permissions detail says the administrator has access to banking, but does not have access to bank accounts or the specific bank account. I tried setting up a new user login with admin access but got the same result.

I opened the file on a different computer but had the same issue, so it isn't a general computer issue. I also opened a different file in the same program (QB Accountant Enterprise 2017) and that one works fine, so it's not a problem with the program. When I open the backup file I encounter the same issue. It was working fine until today.

This is a file we've been maintaining for a client for years - there's a lot of history we can't afford to lose.

I am a professional bookkeeper and have worked on dozens of versions of QB over the years, but have never encountered anything like this.

How do I restore administrator access to my bank account?