QuickBooks Team

Re: How to IMPORT 2019 Payroll into a NEW COMPANY file

Hi there, Evergreen Landscaping.

Thanks for getting back to the QuickBooks Community. Allow me to help provide some additional information about importing payroll transactions.

Since your user is using the Assisted Payroll service, they have an option to set up payroll interview. To access the Payroll Setup Interview, go to the Employees menu. Then select Payroll Setup, and you’ll be directed to the Payroll setup wizard.

For additional reference, you can check this article to learn more about the payroll setup interview in Desktop.

Once you've already setup the payroll interview, you can now enter a year to date adjustments into your new company file by following the steps in this article: Enter historical payroll data

If you need further assistance with the steps, I encourage you to contact our QuickBooks Desktop Support Team. They have additional tools to pull up your account and do a screen share. 

Here's how you can contact our support: 

1. Select QuickBooks Desktop Help from the Help menu.
  2. You can also press F1 on your keyboard to bring up the same Help Panel
  3. In order to route you to the correct support expert, we need to know what type of question you have.
  4. Click Continue.
  5. We’ll provide you a few options. You choose which one is best for you.

That should do it! Feel me in if you have any other questions about importing payroll transactions. Wishing you and your business continued success.