sherrylfacteau
Level 2

Invoice Date

How do I make the Ship To Date the same Date of the Invoice.  We create invoices the morning we are delivering to our customers and need the Ship To Date to match that date.  Is there a default some where or where can I set this up?  Thank you.

Solved
Anonymous
Not applicable

Other questions

Yes, this is exactly what QB does. In my experience it always has.

As you open a new invoice or change the date on a new invoice form, the both the due dates and ship dates update.

That is until you manually override one or both of these dates to be a date different different than the default, and then the overridden date(s) stick until you record that invoice and open a new one.

sherrylfacteau
Level 2

Other questions

Thank you for your reply.  I was never notified that you replied and had to come and search - so anyone that replies to this, please email me that there is a response.  How do I manually override?

I simply want the ship to date to match the invoice date, they need to be the same - so if I just change the ship to date on the first invoice, and then batch print all, the dates will all be updated on all the invoices?  

Anonymous
Not applicable

Other questions

We can't email you.  We don't know your email.

As mentioned, QB already works the way you want it to work.  Always has:  When you change the invoice date on a new invoice, the ship date changes too - to match the invoice date.

Changing the ship date on one invoice will of course not change other invoices automatically.  That would be rather terrible.

View solution in original post

sherrylfacteau
Level 2

Other questions

Here is a new problem.  When a customer places an order, we create a sales order.  Sometimes there are back orders.  We create an invoice when items are actually delivered and all is good - however, if there is a back order - when we go to invoice the back ordered items, the ship to date reverts to the original sales order date.  I need the ship to date to be the same as the invoice date - is there a way to fix this when invoicing from a previous day?

Angelyn_T
QuickBooks Team

Other questions

Hello there, @sherrylfacteau.

I'm here to help share additional information about creating invoices from sales orders and back orders.

Whatever information showing on the sales orders that would be the same information that will reflect on your invoices. If you wish to have the ship to date same with the invoice date, you may change the date manually.

You can read these articles whenever you're free to learn more about creating sales orders and invoices:

You can always add a post if you have any other questions about creating sales order and invoice, I'll be always here to help you. Wishing you continued success!

ENA1
Level 1

Other questions

When preparing invoices, the default date is sometimes the current date and sometimes some previous date.  Is there a way to have the current date always the default date?

FritzF

Other questions

You've come to the right place, @ENA1.

Yes, there is a way! Let me walk you through the steps on how to set the current date as default when creating invoices in QuickBooks Desktop (QBDT).

This can be done on the Preferences. Here's how:

1. Go to the Edit menu at the upper left and pick Preferences on the drop-down.
2. Select General on the left pane, then go to My Preferences tab.
3. On the Default Date To Use For New Transaction section, choose Use today's date as default.
4. Hit OK.

10.PNG

Once done, create a test invoice by going to the Employees menu at the top, then Create Invoices (or press Ctrl + letter I key for the shortcut).

That should point you in the right track. Please feel free to post again or leave a comment if you need anything else. I'm always here for further assistance. Have a wonderful rest of the day.

ENA1
Level 1

Other questions

Awesome!  Thanks!

FritzF

Other questions

You're most welcome, @ENA1.

I'm happy to know that those steps helped you set the current date as default when creating invoices. :D

Feel free to swing by the Community again should you need further assistance in the future. I'll be happy to help. Cheers!

Dave0413
Level 1

Other questions

I have QB Desktop Pro 2019 and when I am entering invoices, as I enter the invoice date, it no longer automatically fills in the ship date.  It used to be that whatever date I put as the invoice date, the ship date would be the same.  Is there some way to set this up so I don't have to enter the date twice when entering invoices.

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Other questions

Hi there, Dave0413.

QuickBooks automatically fills in the ship date based on the the invoice date. Let's make sure that the Ship Date field is selected in the invoice template. Here's how:

1. Open the invoice.
  2. Click on the Formatting tab. 
  3. Select Customize Data Layout
  4. In the Header tab, check the Screen and Print boxes for the Ship Date option.
  5. Click on OK.

Go ahead and create the invoice again.

If the ship date still shows a different date, let's run the Verify and Rebuild Data tool. It helps to resolve minor issues in QuickBooks like this one. 

I can offer more help if you have any questions. 

WRM41
Level 1

Other questions

Is there a way in QuickBooks Online to have the system always "use today's date as default" for new transactions. This is really needed BAD!!!

ReyJohn_D

Other questions

I’m happy to get in touch with you again here in the Community, @WRM41.

You can set the current date as the default date when creating transactions in QuickBooks Online.

First, make sure you turn on the Pre-fill forms with previously entered content on your Account and Settings. This way, the date will be carried over every time you create a transaction.

Here's how:

1. Click the Gear icon ⚙.
  2. Select Account and Settings.
  3. Choose Advanced.
  4. Click the pencil icon ✎ to edit the options under Automation.
  5. Tick the box for pre-fill forms with previously entered content.

Once done, you can now create any transactions using the current date as default.

You can also read this article if you need to customize your report: Customize Reports Date and other Information.

Keep in touch if you have any questions. I'm always ready to help. Have a wonderful day!

Ssantana
Level 1

Other questions

I am invoicing resort fees so one customer might have 4 condos and I want to have one invoice per owner.  I am trying to group them by condo # but when it sends the invoice it sends it by service date order.  How do I get it to send as I typed it.  I am usiong quickbooks intuit on line.Thanks!

AlcaeusF

Other questions

Hi @Ssantana,

I appreciate you for reaching out to us here in the Community. Let me share some clarification about the order of the products or services when sending invoices.

Currently, a direct way to send invoices in your preferred order is unavailable. The system automatically filters the line items based on the service date.

As a workaround, you can download the invoice in PDF format and make the changes manually. You can search for a third-party app to help you edit the downloaded file from QuickBooks.

Here's how to download an invoice:

1. Open the invoice.
  2. Click Print or Preview at the bottom part.
  3. Hit Print or Preview again. 
  4. Click the Download option. 

However, we're unable to suggest a specific app you can use to customize the invoice. I recommend searching online that offers this type of service.

As we assess this, I suggest sending your feedback directly to our product engineers. We continue to improve the features in QuickBooks, and this preference might be available in the future. 

Please follow these steps:

1. Sign in to your QuickBooks account.
  2. Click the Gear icon in the upper-right corner.
  3. Select Feedback under Profile.

Also, I've attached an article you can use to use charge different customers the same items or services on different dates with an unscheduled recurring invoice: Create the same invoice for multiple customers.

Drop me a comment below if you have any other questions related to your sales transactions in QuickBooks. I'll be more than happy to help. Wishing you a good one.

Cheryl3650b
Level 1

Other questions

What about online QuickBooks, it is so much different that desktop.  Does anyone know how on QuickBooks ONLINE how to change the invoice date to "today's date" as the default?  Cheryl L.