PI1417
Level 2

Merchant Services deposit double entry

I've done something a couple of times and I don't know how to fix it. Usually I wait to record a merchant services deposit until after I get an email from QB that says that my money is on the way. Then I go into the Merchant Service Deposits and record the deposit through there. I believe what I have done a couple of times is record the deposit through the Record Deposit window which then doesn't match up with the Merchant Service Deposit and creates a duplicate deposit that just sits in the Record Deposit window because I don't want to double record it. Does anyone know how to correct this?

Solved
Anonymous
Not applicable

Other questions

Hello there, @PI1417.

It's nice to have you in the Community again. I'd be glad to help share some information about recording merchant deposits.

If the sales received from Merchant are deposited in the undeposited funds, you'll need to record this in QuickBooks. This will not create a duplicate.

You can check out this article for more information and for the steps on how to manually record your deposits: Record Merchant Service Deposits.

Also, if you need help managing your deposit account information in the future, you can check out this helpful article: Manage your account information using the Merchant Service Center.

This should help get you on the right track. As always, I'm just a few clicks away if you have other questions about your merchant deposits. I'll be here to help however I can. Hope you have a good week ahead.

PI1417
Level 2

Other questions

Actually, I'm not sure this answers my question. And maybe I asked the wrong question.  Something I did applied the payment to "QuickBooks Customer" and now that customer has the credit rather than the person who made the payment. Is there a way that I can apply the payment from QB Customer to my real customer?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Other questions

Hi there, @PI1417.

Thanks for getting back and providing clarification about this payment. Let me help provide additional information.

Since you've recorded the payment to the wrong customer in QuickBooks, you can fix that by opening the payment and by changing the customer to where the payment should be allocated. 

Once done, it should remove the credit for the person who didn't actually make the payment. 

Please let me know how it goes. I'll be on the lookout for your reply if you need further help with the process. Also, if you need some help articles in the future, you can visit our site: Help articles for QuickBooks Desktop.

I'll be here to help if you have other questions. Have a good one.

PI1417
Level 2

Other questions

It won't let me do that. The received from line is grayed out and I can't make any changes....

I've tried clicking the Look up Customer/Invoice and it will let me apply it that way, but it won't let me save it.

JanyRoseB
QuickBooks Team

Other questions

Thanks for getting back to the QuickBooks Community, @PI1417

I'm here to guide you to the right support so you can get the help you need. 

Since the deposit record is from merchant service, that's the reason why the Received from option in QuickBooks is grayed out. I encourage you to contact our Merchant Service Support Team they have the tools to pull up your account and record the payment to the correct customer. 

You can contact our merchant support through this link: QuickBooks Payments

Please know that you're always welcome to post again if you have any other questions about the QuickBooks. Wishing you and your business continued success. 

View solution in original post

phil42
Level 1

Other questions

Question?

I have merchant services and since March the 8th 2021, QuickBooks has been holding our monies they collected roughly about $128,000.  

We calling in an when there is a holding of the funds they would notify us within 24 hours.  We have had 60 transactions they are holding is this the norm for them?

AbegailS_
QuickBooks Team

Other questions

Hello there, phil42.

I want to make sure this Merchant funds concern is addressed properly.

We periodically review payments to ensure everything is alright. This is for the benefit of everyone involved in the payment process. 

When something unexpected occurs in your transaction(s), a hold may be placed on the funds. Here are some common reasons for holds:

• When your payment processing exceeds the established maximum dollar amount expected on your account
  • When a transaction is processed after several authorization attempts and failures
  • When certain transactions require verification of your business type to ensure it is compliant with the Intuit Acceptable Use Policy
  • When our systems identify processing patterns that pose a risk to any of the parties involved: You, your customer or to Intuit.

I will route you to the right Customer Support Team for further assistance, account-specific concerns related to money movement is mainly handled by our by them, as they have the tools to pull up your account in a secure environment and answering any questions you may have.    

Here's how you can contact our Customer Support Team:

1. Open QuickBooks.
  2. Go to Help, then select QuickBooks Desktop Help.
  3. Select Contact Us.
  4. Give a brief description of your issue, then select Let's talk, and then choose a way to connect.

Please check out our support hours to ensure that we address your concerns on time. Here's how to connect with our Customer teams:   

I'll also be adding this article as future reference: Find out when QuickBooks Payments deposits customer payments

You can always visit us here if you have any other concerns. I'm here to help. Have a great day!

ShannShann
Level 1

Other questions

Since I am new to Merchant Service Deposits, I have also done this and need a fix! It is saying I have 7 deposits to make, some are duplicates, and I have no more deposits that need to be made!! HELP!!!!!!!!!

KlentB

Other questions

I'll share some insights on how QBDT handles and deposits the payments, ShannShann.

If you have QuickBooks Payments, QuickBooks Desktop will automatically group the customer payments you processed. Then, deposit the set of payments as a single bank deposit into your bank account. All you have to do is review the recorded bank deposits.

Since there are no deposits that need to be created, that prompt or message shouldn't show. To get this rectified, I'd recommend contacting our Customer Care Team. Our representative will pull up your account in a secure environment and investigate these deposits. You may connect with us through this link: Contact Payments

Additionally, I recommend reading these articles to help manage the payments you process with QuickBooks Payments: 

I'm just a comment away if you have any other concerns or follow-up questions about customer deposits. Take care.