Check Printing Problems

The message on the printer says, "Paper size or type is incorrect"

Any suggestions?

Tom

Anonymous
Not applicable

Other questions

Hey there, @thomasfbyrne,

Thanks for posting in the Community. I'd be happy to help you with printing checks in QuickBooks Desktop for Mac.

Just to confirm, were you able to print other forms inside and outside QuickBooks except for checks? Also, are you using pre-printed check stocks from QuickBooks? Any details you can provide is extremely helpful for us to narrow things down.

If you can print on a regular paper but not on the pre-printed checks, it's possible that this is a printer related issue. I'd recommend contacting your Printer Customer Support so they can help you configure your printer settings. They can also provide in-depth instructions to get past the error you're getting.

Please update me on the outcome, @thomasfbyrne. I want to make sure you're taken care of. Have a lovely day!

SkinnyRaven
Level 8

Other questions

Check your printer documentation regarding pre printed check stock.

IntuitBrooks
Level 9

Other questions

When you go to print you get Apple's print dialog.  Sometimes this print dialog is not "expanded" and you don't see all the settings. There's a little drop down arrow to "expand" this window. Click on that and then inspect the page size that has been chosen.  It is probably not the size you need. You can measure the check stock to determine the correct page size. 

ML75
Level 1

Other questions

Yes, I use preprinted blank check for printer and also I can print expense voucher except check. Thank you. 

ChristieAnn
QuickBooks Team

Other questions

Hi there, ML75.

Thank you for visiting the QuickBooks Community. I'll be sharing details to ensure that you're able to print without any issue.

To start with, I suggest following the troubleshooting message shared by IntuitBrooks so you're able to see if these details can fix the issue. However, if the problem persists, may I ask for further details like something you've noticed when printing. I thank any further details so I can present accurate solutions.

Additionally, I encourage you to open this article to see different scenarios about printing issues and how to fix them: Troubleshoot printing in QuickBooks Desktop for Mac.

I also recommend visiting our QuickBooks Help page, so you can browse articles or questions from other users that were answered by QB experts. This will help you earn more knowledge that can help you with your accounting tasks.

Don't hesitate to post again or leave a comment below if you have any other concerns about printing in QuickBooks. I'm more than willing to help. Have a wonderful day!