purchasingdtr
Level 1

Build Assemblies Inventory Issue

Hi, I am using QuickBooks Premier 2018 for a small manufacturing business. We recently started purchasing components to build assemblies for our customers. Under build assemblies, I understand it will post as pending if the required components to build the assembly are unavailable. However, once I have received the inventory that is needed, it will show that I have x amount available everywhere except when I go back to the Build Assembly - where it still shows I do not have enough. While QB knows I now have enough to build, the Build Assembly screen does not and does not let me remove the pending. 

I have found though that if I change the date the inventory was received to before the day the Build Assembly was created, it will update and allow me to remove pending to build. Is it a matter of the date created? If so, what is the point of pending if any action after that is invalid. I would like to keep dates accurate and not just enter them before I create the B.A. Any suggestions? Thank you.