JanyRoseB
QuickBooks Team

Other questions

Thanks for getting back to the QuickBooks Community, @cleco.

Allow me to jump in and help provide some additional information about the sales tax liability report in QuickBooks Desktop.

Make sure to select the correct date range and accounting method when you pull up the Sales Tax Liability report to show the tax collected amount. If the same thing happens, you'll need to rebuild and verify the data in QuickBooks Desktop to remove the empty or damaged information from the file.

To rebuild the data, here's how: 

1. At the top menu bar, click File.
  2. Select Utilities, and choose Rebuild Data.
  3. Click OK if you receive a prompt to backup your company file. Your computer may display the message QuickBooks is not responding. However, as long as you can see your mouse courser to move, Rebuild still ongoing. Wait for it to complete.
  4. Click OK when you get the message Rebuild has completed.

And to verify the data in QuickBooks, please click this article for the troubleshooting steps: Verify and Rebuild Data in QuickBooks Desktop

If you need further assistance with the steps, I recommend contacting our QuickBooks Desktop Chat Support Team. They have additional tools to pull up your account and do a remote session. 

Here's how you can contact our chat support:

1. Select QuickBooks Desktop Help from the Help menu.
  2. You can also press F1 on your keyboard to bring up the same Help Panel
  3. In order to route you to the correct support expert, we need to know what type of question you have.
  4. Click Continue.
  5. We’ll provide you a few options. You choose which one is best for you.

Please let me know how it goes by leaving a comment below. I'll be around to help if you have any other questions about the Sales tax liability report.