Anonymous
Not applicable

QB desktop clarification

Hi,

I have a QB desktop enterprise in my local machine and also run my application in the same machine.i have sent data to QB desktop from my local application .it's working fine as expected. but, I got some confusion here, if I host my application to another machine after that, shall I send data from my application to my machine QB.is it possible? if not what will I do?

Solved
ShiellaGraceA
QuickBooks Team

Other questions

You don't have to send the data application to the other machine, 0050f000009OqILAA0.

QuickBooks uses a database file manager to communicate with your company file. You'll just need to turn on hosting for the Host computer or where the company file is stored.

Here's how:

1. From the File menu, select Utilities.
  2. Click Host Multi-User Access.
  3. Click Yes on the confirmation window.

Please check out these articles for the step-by-step instruction:

I'll be around if you have more questions. Feel free to comment below.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Other questions

I think I conveyed you wrongly.I am working on one finance project. my client asked me to need to connect our project with QuickBooks.now locally my local host application connects with my quick book desktop application and can send data from my app to quick book. my problem is I moved my application to another server.so now I cannot send data to QuickBooks.so I learned lot according to move to web connector.download the web connector.it expected QWC file but really I don't know what is a qwc file. then I saw one sample file in my SDK package then I used that but always authentication failed.I can't understand why we create web service and how I connect my application to QB via web service. how I give the properties I n QWc file.what is owner id.i got a lot of confusions.please anyone helps me:smileysad:

Rose-A

Other questions

Hey there, 0050f000009OqILAA0.

I'd be delighted to help and provide you with some information about the QWC file in QuickBooks Desktop. Let's get this sorted out.

The QuickBooks Web Connector (QBWC) is a Microsoft Windows application that that enables web services (web-based applications) to exchange data with QuickBooks Desktop products (including QuickBooks Financial Software and QuickBooks Point of Sale). Your web service is deployed in a web server, which may be hosted locally or by a hosting service. Web Connector is installed on the same machine as QuickBooks (or at least on the same local network).

Adding a web service is as easy as downloading a file. The program requires a .qwc file, which is an XML file designed to interact with QuickBooks Desktop products and can be opened automatically by QuickBooks Web Connector. In order to send your data successfully, you will first need to install the QuickBooks Web Connector.

Here's how:

1. Download the installer of QuickBooks Web Connector.
  2. Unzip the downloaded installer and run the .exe file.
  3. Follow the prompts to complete the installation.
    Note: This installation will install Windows components if necessary. Make sure that you have the .qwc file from your third-party web-service provider before installing or reinstalling QuickBooks Web Connector.

How to add an application to Web Connector:

1. On your Web Connector, click Add Application.
  2. Browse to the third party application's .qwc file.
    REMINDER: The .qwc file will be provided to you by the third-party web application's provider. This file must be downloaded to your computer.
  3. Select the .qwc file and click Open.

After that, you can try to send your data again. This article can give you detailed information about the QWC file: Set up QuickBooks Web Connector.

If you'd like to go through this over the phone, you can reach out to our dedicated team who will be happy to assist you. Our contact details can be found here along with our opening hours.

1. Within your QuickBooks Desktop, click Help at the top menu bar.
  2. Click Contact Us.
  3. In order to route you to the correct support expert, we need to know what type of question you have. Give a brief description of your issue and click Continue.
  4. We’ll provide you a few options. You choose which one is best for you.

I'll be right here if you need more information about the QWC file. I'd be happy to help.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Other questions

Thank you for your great answer. I understand that what is QuickBooks web connector. I installed it my machine. here, I want one more clarification where I find the .QWC file .may I design the web service for a .qwc file. if yes, how can I create it.i have one web application? I take the data from there to QuickBooks desktop application.here, how I create a .qwc file I saw a .qwc file in my SDK package .what is owner id, app id in a .qwc file. how i going to build the .qwc file .can you please help me

Kristine Mae

Other questions

I'll add a few details about the .qwc file, Arul Pushpam.

The .qwc file is an XML file which is provided by your third-party web-service. We're unable to provide you with any steps on how to create it since each web-service has different ways in creating that specific file. We can only walk you through on how to add the application to the web connector. 

If you have more questions, we're just a comment away. 

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Other questions

I followed the developer guide.I got all information.thank you very much 

View solution in original post

rehanroy
Level 1

Other questions

How can I get the .qwc file from Salesforce?

RCV
QuickBooks Team
QuickBooks Team

Other questions

Let me guide you to the support that focuses on application integration to get the .qwc file from Salesforce, rehanroy.

Intuit has a separate community page for application developers. I'd suggest verifying it from there. They have the tools to help you integrate and get the .qwc file from Salesforce. Here's how:

1. Sign up for to Intuit developer community page.
  2. Create an Intuit Developer Account.
  3. Click the or Help icon on the upper-right corner of the page.
  4. Enter your concern in the Search field.

If you have other questions or concerns, don't hesitate to reply to this thread. I'd be right here to answer them. Take care.