Established Member
Solved

adding multiple registers to the toolbar

In QB 2016 I was able to have shortcuts to each register (multiple CC and checking accounts) on the toolbar. Since upgrading to QB 2019 I cannot find a way to add multiple registers to the toolbar. Any advice on how to do this?

Scott

Established Community Backer ***

Re: adding multiple registers to the toolbar

I was wrong - QuickBooks Mac did allow this. See Skinny Raven's response below. 

Established Member

That's odd because my QB 2016 for MAC did allow it.

QuickBooks Team

Hi there, scootergriggs.

I'd like to join this discussion and provide additional insight.

If it's the actual bank (checking) and credit card account registers being added to the Toolbar as shortcuts, then I'd agree with IntuitBrooks. I did some research but didn't find anything indicating that this was allowed by QuickBooks for Mac before.

In the meantime, you may want to use the Use Register shortcut instead. With this, you'll still be able to quickly access the register of your bank and credit card accounts individually. Here's how you can add it:

1. From the QuickBooks menu, choose Company.
  2. Select Configure Company Toolbar or simply control-click inside the toolbar.
  3. Drag the Register icon to the toolbar to add it.

For additional insight about this, I'm also including this article: Making QuickBooks look the way you want

Let me know how this works out for you. I'll be here to help you however I can. Have a great day!

Established Community Backer ***

In QB Mac 2016 when selecting the customize icon any open register window can be added to the toolbar.