TylerN
Level 1

QBSE Can't export sorted trips correctly

I need to be able to reliably sort my trips like this:

TYPE: Business
DATE: 2018
SEARCH: "Van" (Trip purpose)

And then export only those specific trips, but also ALL of those specific trips.

When I sort by Year, Business, and Trip Purpose (the vehicle I used), it sorts as expected on screen, but when I export it gives me every trip for that year - even personal trips (except for anything on 12/31).

When I export any mileage for 2018 it only includes 1/1/18 - 12/30/18. Where is 12/31/18? I have tracked 3 trips on that day. This happens when exporting directly to my computer as .xls while sorted by date: 2018. If I export to email as .csv it includes 12/31/18 but also includes  all of 2017 and 2019 even though I sort by date: 2018.

The only time exporting sorted trips seems to work is if I sort by personal. Then I export only personal trips - but still nothing on 12/31/18.

PreciousB

Other questions

I want to officially welcome you to QuickBooks Community, TylerN.

Let me share some insights with exporting trips from QuickBooks Self-employed (QBSE).

First, I want to thank you for sharing the complete details of your concern. When exporting transactions and trips from QBSE, all categories from our product are included in the exported file. To correct this, you'll want to download all your trips and sort them out from Excel. Please copy the 12/31/2018 trips from the CSV file and paste them to the spreadsheet. This should let you get the data you needed.

Here's how:

1. Sign in to your QBSE account.
  2. Choose Miles on the left pane.
  3. Click the Export icon (refer to the screenshot below).
  4. Download accordingly. 

image.png

I'm including an article that provides further insight into exporting trips: Export transactions and trips to .csv.

That information should get you on the right track. It's my priority that this is resolved for you, so please let me know how it goes. I'll be keeping an eye out for your response. Have a good one.