Anonymous
Not applicable

Old Credit and Invoice show zero remaining balance, but both still appear in A/R Aging reports

When I view our A/R Aging Detail report, the bottom is cluttered with a few pairs of offsetting entries. For example, the oldest pairing is a credit showing -$283.10 and an invoice (for the same customer) showing $283.10. If I open the Invoice or Credit Memo, both show a remaining balance of zero, and if I open the transaction history for both, I can see the entry where the credit was applied to the invoice. If I go to "Receive Payments" for that customer, the invoice does NOT show up there. In every other way, it seems like the credit and invoice should both be closed, but for some reason they both show up on "A/R Aging Detail." How do I get them (and other pairings like them) off that report?

In a similar vein, we have some old journal entries that also appear on the "A/R Aging Detail" report. The oldest example is a General Journal entry for $5,503.51, followed by an offsetting General Journal entry (for the same vendor) for -$5,503.51. How can I get these to apply to each other so that they no longer appear on the "A/R Aging Detail" report?

All of these old transactions were done before I took over the books. I cannot edit any of the transactions either, as they are several years old and have already been accounted for on prior years' taxes.

Thanks for any help or solutions you can offer!