Diane N
Level 1

How do you change an address of a customer on your customer list?

How do you change a customer's address in the customer list.

Angelyn_T
QuickBooks Team

Other questions

Hello, @Diane N.

I'll be happy to help guide you today so you'll be able to change the customer's address in  QuickBooks Desktop (QBDT).

You can change/update the customer's address by going to the customer's profile.

1. Click on Customers at the top menu bar.
  2. Select Customer Center.
  3. Click on the customer's name under Customers & Jobs.
  4. Select on Address Info on the Edit Customer page.
  5. Update the address under the Address Details section.
  6. Click OK to save the changes.

Please see attached screenshots for additional reference.

d3 customer center.PNG

d3 update address.PNG

As always, please don't hesitate to add a comment below if you have any other questions about updating the customer's address. I'll be right here to help you!

Tues928
Level 1

Other questions

However it changes the address on all the old invoices which is crazy.  There has to be a way to keep a record on a customer for all the work you do for them at all there homes.

Rose-A

Other questions

Hello, Tues928.

Once you changed the address details on your customer's profile, this will be the default information that will show on their invoices.

As a workaround, you might want to set up particular jobs under that customer to keep a record of all the work you've done for all of their homes.

Here's how:

1. Right-click the customer's name and choose Add Job.
  2. Enter a Job Name.
  3. You can add another customer's address in the Address Details field.
  4. Hit OK.
  5. You can use this Customer: Job with a different address under the same customer when you create an invoice.

To know more about this feature, check these out:

If you have any other issues or concerns, please let me know by dropping a comment below. I'm always here to help. Have a lovely week ahead!