QuickBooks Team

Re: When I filed with TurboTax this year, it gave me a free year of QB Self-Employed. I want to c...

Thanks for your response, stefanoblack.

Allow me to step in for a moment and share some additional information about transferring your QuickBooks Online transactions to QuickBooks Self-Employed.

There isn't a direct way of moving the online data, you can still connect your bank to QBSE to download them.

To connect a bank account:

1. In your QBSE company, go to the Gear icon at the top.
  2. Choose Bank Accounts, then click Connect account.
  3. In the search box, enter the name or the URL of your financial institution.
  4. Enter the login information you use at your bank's website.
  5. Choose Connect securely.

For more in-depth information, check out the Connect a bank account article.

Both platforms are similar products with different interfaces. QBO is a double-entry accounting, while QBSE is a single entry bookkeeping. For your invoices, you still have to manually add them.

I'll pass along this information to our Product Development Team and suggest this opportunity so that they can look into it. To keep you in the loop for any product updates or enhancements, you can always visit the QBO Blog site

This information should point you in the right direction. Stay in touch if you have additional questions about QuickBooks. I'm always ready to answer them.