convinteg
Level 1

Other questions

Thank you, Intuit Support Team, and especially @IntuitBrooks , for the detailed feedback. Using QB for Mac 2019, the owner is trying to access one QB data file on an iMac during the business day and on a MacBook Pro laptop from at home. iCloud Drive is working fine on both computers. Without question we've only had Quickbooks open on one computer at one time but in the last ten days we've experienced the "conflicted copies" or two versions challenge. When we choose the latest version, we're still finding recently added work missing.

My perception is that somewhere in our workflow local versions of the "cloud data file" are created on each Mac computer. If you start a QB work session by double clicking/ launching the app, the app might open the last used data file, which could be the local file, not really touching the data file stored in iCloud Drive.

Page 24 of the User Guide states: "Now, whenever you want to open your company file, from any Mac to which you’ve signed in to iCloud, choose Finder > iCloud Drive, and navigate to your company file."

I appreciate @IntuitBrooks explaining his workflow of keeping QB for Mac 2019 open on his laptop at all times, and opening and closing the laptop. That exact process probably wouldn't work well for us.

For those for whom iCloud Drive syncing of one QB data file between two macOS instances is working very well, can you help me outline the best practices for success? 

My initial suggestion might be:

1. Confirm that no other user is actively working on the subject data file at the moment you wish to engage with it.

2. Whether QB for Mac 2019 application is actually open or not on the 2nd computer does not matter.

3. Wherever and whenever you initiate a work session with QB for Mac 2019, do not launch the app by double clicking the QB for Mac 2019 icon.

4. The only way to initiate an active work session is to go to macOS Finder>iCloud Drive and double click on the QB data file.

We are trying to improve the integrity of our workflow and appreciate your feedback. Thank you.