VivienJ
QuickBooks Team

Other questions

Thanks for joining our growing family here in the Community, Jared. 

I'm glad you've chosen QuickBooks Desktop to help manage your finances. I also appreciate the detailed information you shared. Let me provide some insights about setting up inventories. 

For a company with a large inventories like yours, it's important to organize and track the stocks correctly. Based on the screenshot, you're doing the right thing.

Though you're able to customize and add the fields in the Item List, they won't flow on the invoices. You'll want to create a new invoice template specifically to the transactions you need. 

Here's how:

1. Go to Lists at the top menu bar, then select Templates.
  2. Right-click anywhere and choose New.
  3. In the Select Template Type, pick Invoice
  4. Choose the information you want to see added. 
  5. Click the Additional Customization tab.
  6. Pick the Header and Column you want to see added and enter a Title
  7. Click Ok.

Check out this article for more information:

Use and customize form templates

Once you create an invoice, make sure to select the template you've added (see screenshot below). To do so:

1. In the top menu bar, select Customers and choose Create Invoices.
  2. Pick the template you've created from the Template drop-down. 
  3. Enter the necessary details and click Save and Close

By doing the steps above, your employees should be able to use a uniform naming structure. Additionally, since you've already customized the Items list, the columns and details you've added will retain regardless if you close or reopen the program.

You're doing things right and that's commendable for a first-time-user like you. The Community has got your back, and we are always here to help with whatever QuickBooks issues that may arise in the future. 

This is a great avenue to interact with accountants and other users who are always there to lend a hand. Don't hesitate to reach back to me if you have questions with the process. I'll be around, anytime! 

View solution in original post