enzed
Level 1

Home Page is Blank

Anyone know how to resolve a blank home page?  I don't know why but my home page is suddenly blank.  All other shortcuts work, it's just the home page that is blank.

MichelleT

Other questions

Hi there @enzed,

Welcome to the QuickBooks Community. Let’s work together to get the icons back to your QuickBooks Desktop home page.

The blank home page can appear if the resolution settings on your computer are not optimized. The program is designed to work with the Windows DPI settings, so let’s perform some solutions to resolve the issue.

First, we need to change the DPI by following the steps below:

1. Right-click the QuickBooks Desktop icon and choose Properties.
  2. Select Disable display scaling on high DPI setting under the Compatibility tab.
  3. Choose Apply, then click OK.
  4. Open QuickBooks to see if the home page is visible.

If you still get an empty screen, here’s what we need to perform next:

1. Open your company file.
  2. From the Edit menu.
  3. Select Preferences.
  4. Choose Desktop View.
  5.  Switch from Multiple Windows to One Window under the My Preferences tab.
  6. Click OK.

If output is the same, see the additional steps below:

1. Open the Control Panel.
  2. Select Appearance and Personalization.
  3. Choose Display.
  4. In the Change size of items section, select Set a custom scaling level.
  5. Choose 100% and click OK. You can also drag the ruler right or left to adjust the setting.
  6. Select Apply.
  7. Sign out of the computer for the changes to take effect.

Once done, log back in and open QuickBooks to see if you can view all icons and shortcuts on the home page.

If you continue to get the blank home page, I suggest editing your computer’s screen solution. The steps are outlined in this article under Solution 4: QuickBooks Desktop display issues.

Stay in touch with me on how the steps work for you. I’m just here if you need further help. Have a great day.