jweir
Level 1

QuickBooks Web Connector Install location

The company I work for is migrating to QuickBooks Desktop  and I have been tasked with creating an app to exchange data with QB. The company file will live on a server and be accessed by the work stations remotely. My question is does the Web Connector get installed on the server?

Thanks in advance.

Solved
AldrinS
QuickBooks Team

Other questions

Hi there, jweir.

I'm here to provide some clarification on your questions regarding the QuickBooks Web Connector.

It's generally recommended that the Web Connector should be installed to where the main company file is located. This is to ensure that the guest computers would be able to access the company file without any problem.

I'm also including this helpful article for more information about the Web Connector: Set up QuickBooks Web Connector

Please feel free to post any other questions you have below, I'm here to ensure your success. Thanks for coming to the Community, wishing you all the best!

View solution in original post

jweir
Level 1

Other questions

Thanks so much

jweir
Level 1

Other questions

Thank you

scottrussell
Level 2

Other questions

Jumping in late to the party. How does this get installed on Windows Server 2012 with only the DB Manager service running?

JaneD

Other questions

Thanks for joining us in this thread, scottrussell.

You can install the Web Connector locally on the main server where the QuickBooks company file is located as long as you've met the system requirements.

Before doing so, it is recommended to disable hosting of computers connected to the main server. Then, follow these steps to install the app:

1. On your keyboard, press Windows + R to open the Run window.
  2. Type in control and click OK to open the Control Panel.
  3. Click Uninstall a program.
  4. Select Web Connector and click Uninstall.

NOTE: If you can't find QuickBooks Web Connector in the Control Panel, delete the QBWebconnector folder in the following location: C:\Program Files(x86)\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooks\ or C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooks\.

As a reference, I'm linking some articles that will provide further information:

I also recommend checking with an IT expert for further help. 

This should point you in the right direction. Let me know if you have any questions. I'm always here to help.