loj888
Level 2

Quickbooks Mac 2019 Layout Designer App Crash

Hi Quickbooks Support Team,

Im currently  using Quickbooks Mac 2019 and my OS is Mac OS Mojave 10.14.2 (18C54). I cannot edit my invoice template since Layout Designer can't be open. It crashes right away.

Solved
AldrinS
QuickBooks Team

Other questions

Good to see you here in the Community, Atrmobile.

I have some clarification to provide on your question regarding the QuickBooks Mac 2019 Layout Designer issue.

We have received similar reports about this issue. Rest assured, our Customer Care Team is aware of this and they're collaborating closely with our engineers to resolve this quickly.

While they're working on this, I highly recommend you get in touch with our Customer Care Team to make sure you've been added to the affected users' notification list:

Contact QuickBooks Support

1. Click the link to head to the Official Intuit Contact page.
  2. Select QuickBooks Mac Desktop.
  3. Choose Using QuickBooks for Mac.
  4. In section 2, Here's how to connect with a QuickBooks expert, click Get Phone Number.
  5. Once you're speaking with an agent, the reference number you can use to locate the Layout Designer ticket is: INV-25004

By doing this, you'll be signed up for scheduled email updates on our progress towards a solution.

Keep in touch if there's anything else I can help you with. Thanks for reaching out, wishing you and your business all the best.

enetanswers
Level 2

Other questions

I am having the same problem as well. Also using QB Mac 2019. I also just updated OS to 10.14.3 and the problem still persists. Layout Designer crashes immediately upon launch. This is part of the problem report:
Exception Type: EXC_CRASH (Code Signature Invalid)
Exception Codes: [removed]000000, [removed]000000
Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

kernel messages:

Backtrace not available

Unknown thread crashed with X86 Thread State (64-bit):
rax: [removed]000000 rbx: [removed]000000 rcx: [removed]000000 rdx: [removed]000000
rdi: [removed]000000 rsi: [removed]000000 rbp: [removed]000000 rsp: 0x00007ffee0d37b58
r8: [removed]000000 r9: [removed]000000 r10: [removed]000000 r11: [removed]000000
r12: [removed]000000 r13: [removed]000000 r14: [removed]000000 r15: [removed]000000
rip: 0x000000011bba8000 rfl: [removed]000200 cr2: [removed]000000

TheresaC

Other questions

Hi enetanswers, 

Our engineers are still working for a fix on this issue. We'll keep you posted for the updates. 

Thank you for your patience.

IntuitBrooks
Level 9

Other questions

We are aware of this happening in QuickBooks Mac 2016 and 2019.  If it is happening to you in an older version please let me know here.

We hope to have an update very soon that will show up when you run QuickBooks->Check For Updates.

enetanswers
Level 2

Other questions

I just installed the update released this morning and I am able to launch Layout Designer without the error, as well as update my invoice template which I desperately needed! Thanks for the fast response. Kudos to the programmers. :womanhappy:

View solution in original post

KhimG
QuickBooks Team

Other questions

Hello there, @enetanswers.

Thank you for sharing how the recent update fixed the issue. I’m glad you were able to customize your transaction templates in QuickBooks Mac 2019.

If you need any assistance with QuickBooks, don’t hesitate to let me know. I’ll be here to help. Enjoy your day and take care!

wicked lester
Level 1

Other questions

I am having the same problem in QuickBooks MAC 2016. Can not get the Layout Designer to open with the Edit or Create New Template drop down option.  Keeps saying it quit unexpectedly!

Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Other questions

Good day, wicked lester,

Thanks for joining the discussion. Let me share an update about the unexpected behavior you're getting when launching the Layout Designer.

Our Support Team currently tagged this as an ongoing issue with QuickBooks Mac Desktop. They're already investigating the cause of the issue and are working to roll out a fix for this unexpected hitch. While they do, I'd recommend getting in touch with our QuickBooks Mac Support so you're added to our notification lists of affected users.

Here's how you can get them:

1. Open this link: https://help.quickbooks.intuit.com/en_US/contact.
  2. Choose QuickBooks Mac Desktop.
  3. Click on the Company File menu.
  4. Scroll-down and click either Get Phone Number.

That's it! You can have our representatives add you to the investigation number  INV-25004. Once done, you'll get live notifications when an update is available.

As a workaround, you can try @enetanswers resolution to install the latest update of the software. Also, when QuickBooks 2016 & 2019 server quits unexpectedly under a multi-user server, try the following steps below:

1. Open QB Server 2016/2019
  2. Select the plus icon in the lower left corner and add company file/s needed for sharing.
  3. File/s should now show as added and shared under QB Server 2016/2019
  4. Open QuickBooks 2016/2019
  5. Open company file under “Shared Files”

Please let me know how it goes, wicked lester. I want to ensure everything's working good on your end. Have a good one!

IntuitBrooks
Level 9

Other questions

There should be an update available for 2016 now as well. Run QuickBooks->Check for Updates and apply the update. 

loj888
Level 2

Other questions

Can confirm. Update already rolled out, layout design is now running. :)

ModelCarsMag
Level 1

Other questions

I have had same problem

Mine is worse

I can't even print a statement.

Did update, still the same, ball spins when try to print one statement.

Can't even attempt to customize a layout

ShiellaGraceA
QuickBooks Team

Other questions

I have more steps we can try, ModelCarsMag.

Let's open QuickBooks in Safe Boot.

Here's how:

1. Shut down the computer.
  2. Press the Power button, then press and hold the Shift key on your keyboard until you see your Desktop.
  3. Open QuickBooks and try printing a statement.
  4. To return to normal startup, reboot the computer without pressing any keys.

You can also try holding down the option key when pressing the Print button.

The Community is always here for you if you have further concerns.