L Larson
Level 1

work orders

Hello.

I'm kind of new to QuickBooks.  Haven't used it since the late 90's...

I need help in downloading or setting up a form "work order" like "create estimate", so I can do the work and have it brought into invoicing directly.

I'm going to use another app for my technicians in the field, probably Go Canvas or Pronto Forms... then they can do their paperwork and it will be brought into QuickBooks.

Any advice, direction, comments....

ANY help is much appreciated. 

HoneyLynn_G
QuickBooks Team

Other questions

Hello there, L Larson.

Thanks for joining us here today and choosing QuickBooks as your accounting partner. I can help you modify the transaction template and integrate applications with QuickBooks.

You have the option to change the template title to Work Order, here's how:

1. Click Lists.
  2. Choose Templates.
  3. Right-click on your mouse and click New.
  4. Choose Sales Order and click OK.
  5. Click Additional Customization.
  6. Under the Header tab, change the default title to Work Order.
  7. Update and customize other necessary fields.
  8. Click OK.

Next time you create a sales order, make sure to select the template you've created:

1. Click Customers.
  2. Choose Create Sales Orders.
  3. Select the template.
  4. Enter the necessary information.
  5. Click Save & Close.

For more insights, please refer to this link: Use and customize form templates.

On the other hand, we have a different website for concerns specific to integrating applications with QuickBooks. I recommend visiting out Intuit Developer Portal.

That should get you going today, L Larson.

Please know that I'm still willing to help you more if you have other questions about QuickBooks. You can mention my name or add a comment below. Have a wonderful day ahead!

rl43
Level 1

Other questions

There seems to be no way to create work orders in quickbooks online.

quickbooks has proven to be one of the worst companies I have ever dealt with

Fiat Lux - ASIA
Level 15

Other questions

@rl43 

Consider having a 3rd party app to integrate with your QBO.

Angelyn_T
QuickBooks Team

Other questions

I understand the importance of being able to create Work Orders in QuickBooks Online (QBO), @rl43.

Though this feature is currently unavailable in QBO, you can use either the Estimate or Delayed Charge feature to record your transactions. They are non-posting entries that look similar to work orders and invoices.

Here's how you can record them in QBO:

1. Go to the New (+) icon from the left pane.
  2. Select either Estimate or Delayed credit under Customers.
  3. Fill in the necessary information from the transactions page, then save them.

For more information about entering estimates or delayed credits, check out these articles:

If you have any other questions, leave a comment below. I'm just here to help. Have a good day!