Robin the Bookkeeper
Level 1

Delete multiple unbilled time charges (unbilled timesheet entries)

We are trying to delete years of unbilled time sheet entries.  We recently converted from QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online.  I am trying to close a bunch of old jobs and clients but I can't because a lot of these jobs have unbilled time.  I know I can use a feature to delete multiple unbilled charges at one time, but I am hoping that I would be able to delete multiple unbilled time charges (time sheet entries) at one time.

Please let me know if this is something that can be done.  Thanks!

JanyRoseB
QuickBooks Team

Other questions

Hi there, Robin the Bookkeeper.

Thanks for taking the time to reached out to us. Allow me to address your concern, so let me get this straightened out.

Currently, QuickBooks Online (QBO) doesn't have an option to delete multiple unbilled time charges at one time. I can see how this feature would be helpful for you in order to delete the unbilled time charges conveniently. You may want to submit this idea to our product developers so they'll be able to include this in their next product update.

Here's how you can send feedback: 

1. Click the Gear Icon.
  2. Select Feedback
  3. Click Next and choose Feedback under Category option.
  4. Select Save

If you have any other concerns, just leave a comment below. I'm always here to help. Have a good one. 

Robin the Bookkeeper
Level 1

Other questions

Thanks JanyRoseB.  I have submitted the feedback as you suggested.  Much appreciated!

Angelyn_T
QuickBooks Team

Other questions

Thank you for getting back to us here in the Community, @Robin the Bookkeeper.

We value your feedback and your suggestions would definitely be a big help in letting the developers identify which product features are most helpful to our customers.

As always, feel free to add comment/post here in the Community if you have any other QuickBooks concerns. I'm always here to help!

forge
Level 2

Other questions

Yes!

This is such a headache- especially since 15 years of past employees have now been reactivated with "unbilled time"

HoneyLynn_G
QuickBooks Team

Other questions

Hi there, @forge.

I appreciate you joining this conversation and providing some feedback about deleting multiple unbilled time charges in QuickBooks Online.

As mentioned by my peers, the option to delete multiple unbilled time charges is unavailable. You will have to go through each transaction and click the Delete button.

Rest assured we'll take note of this for you and submit it to the engineers for consideration.

Keep me posted if you have other questions about QuickBooks. I'm always here to lend you my helping hands. 

rhartian
Level 2

Other questions

I have the same problem - spend hours multiple times with their support all the way up to a manager.

Bottom like, as some in their support have said to me - they didn't think this through, and they do not have an option for us other than pay more or go back to desk top...

To me - it's a money grab and they know, maybe not when they made this change, but they do now.

IamjuViel
QuickBooks Team

Other questions

Hello there, @rhartian.

Deleting multiple unbilled charges in your transactions reports is my priority. Allow me to share some information on how you can removed these transactions in QuickBooks Online.

Unbilled charges are non-posting entries that appears in transaction reports however, does not have impact on the reporting. Currently, there's no option to delete all unbilled at ones. However, you can removed these transactions one by one.

Here's how to remove your Uninvoiced Charges and Uninvoiced Time:

1. Go to Reports menu.
  2. Under the Who owes you section, choose Uninvoiced Charges or Uninvoiced Time.
  3. Click on the Activity Date link
  4. Hit Bill link. 
  5. When prompted if you want to leave without saving, click Yes.
  6. In the Bill page, uncheck the Billable Collumn.
  7. Click Save and Close

For additional insights, you may check out this article:

Keep in touch with us here in the Community if you have other questions about managing your unbilled timesheets. I'm always here to help.

rhartian
Level 2

Other questions

Thanks for responding - but that is not helpful for those of us that have been (are are not contemplating leaving QuickBooks) using QuickBooks for more than a few years - I have 1000's of these. 

You at Quickbooks should know how unhelpful it is to keep sharing that trick...no-one wants to spends that much time following your suggestion...Quickbooks should know better

Kirill - CloudBusiness LLC
Level 3

Other questions

Hello,

As a workaround, you can delete TimeActivities with Business Importer. It has free trial and will help to solve your issue fast and smoothly. 

gi2020
Level 1

Other questions

Please, please, please... make this option to mass delete unbilled time activities available. 

mbechtel
Level 1

Other questions

Is there anything new on this?  I have thousands to deal with

mbechtel
Level 1

Other questions

Has there been anything added for this yet, help help help!

Charies_M

Other questions

I appreciate you checking for updates, mbechtel.

As of this writing, there is still no option to batch delete unbilled charges in QuickBooks Online (QBO). You'll need to do it one at a time.

If you need a list of unbilled charges, you can run the Unbilled Charges report.

To do that:

1. On the left panel, click Reports.
  2. Type Unbilled Charges in the search box.
  3. Click the Billable Expense Charge to open.
  4. Click the Bill link above the Date.

I know how this option provides more convenience to you and other users. While this option is currently not available, I recommend visiting our QuickBooks Blog page. From there, you'll learn more about the latest news and updates in QBO.

Please keep an eye out for new updates. If you have other questions, just let me know. Thanks for your time and have a good day.

Porky1999
Level 2

Other questions

Are there any updates regarding this topic?  Also, I have tried to go in & delete the time entries individually & I receive an error message (see attached).  I have tried going incognito & I have also cleared my cache & I still receive the same message.  Help!   

Rasa-LilaM
QuickBooks Team

Other questions

Welcome to this thread, Porky1999.

Thank you for sharing the steps you’ve performed to get past the error including the screenshot. This will give a clearer view of what happened to the unbilled time or charge. I’m here to share some information about the issue you’re experiencing.

Currently, the option to batch delete unbilled time or charges is unavailable. I’m unable to provide a definite time frame for when this feature is available. Rest assured, we’re looking into this for consideration in future enhancements. In the meantime, you’ll have to manually delete your time data or charge one at a time.

Also, the error you receive is already reported to our product engineers. They’re working hard to get this feature up and running as soon as possible. We encourage all affected users to contact our QuickBooks Online (QBO) Care Team to sign up to the notification list. After adding your company, you’ll receive email updates about the investigation.

To reach them:

1. Head to the Help icon at the top to open the QB Assistant window.
  2. In the Assistant tab, enter a brief description about your concern in the Type something field like Something happened on our end try again later when deleting unbilled time.
  3. Click the Get help from a human link and follow the on-screen steps to complete the process.
  4. In How would you like to connect with us? section, pick the Chat option to start a conversation or Callback to speak with an agent.
  5. Provide this information to speed up the process: INV-69588.

You can bookmark this reference in your browser for additional resources: Automatically invoice unbilled time activities. It includes instructions on how to view auto-created invoices for unbilled activities.

In addition, the links below contain topics and video tutorials to help you get started in QBO. These articles outline the complete steps on how to perform any accounting tasks such as creating an invoice, processing payroll, managing your account information, and so on. 

Stay in touch if you have other concerns or questions on how to handle your unbilled time or charges. I’ll get back to answer them for you. Have a good one.

Porky1999
Level 2

Other questions

I received a call back from Intuit.  The gentleman's name was John. He asked to view my screen so he could see my issue.  I gave him the ability to see my screen & show him the error message I receive when I try to view unbilled time.  He asked me to hold so he could review.  He came back about 30 minutes later & said that he was still reviewing.  After another 45 minutes, he disconnected from my computer & hung up on me without ever returning to the call.

I requested a call back from intuit & received Angel.  She asked me for my company ID.  I gave it to her & waited for 5 minutes. She never returned & my call was disconnected. 

To say I am unhappy with QB customer service is an understatement.  I would like for someone to return my call & help me with my issue.

Charies_M

Other questions

Welcome to the Community, Porky1999.

I appreciate you for letting us know about your experience with the support. This is something Intuit doesn't want you to come across in your future interactions.

For now, let me share these easy-to-access articles, webinars, and video tutorials that will help you in familiarizing the different tasks, features, and functions of QBO. Below are the following:

Also, the availability of support depends on which type of subscription you're using. You can check out this article for our contact information. Click on the QuickBooks Online drop-down to see the most updated support schedule: Support hours and types.

Get back to me if there's anything I can help you with. I'd be happy to assist you further. Enjoy the rest of the day.

Porky1999
Level 2

Other questions

Hello! I am trying to delete unbilled time in QB Online Advanced. Every time I click on an unbilled time entry I receive the message below:

Something happened on our end

We’re working on it. Refresh your screen or try again in a few minutes.

Does anyone else receive this message?  I have received this message for over 2 months & all attempts to get help from the Intuit Support team have been unsuccessful.
Tori B
QuickBooks Team

Other questions

Good evening, @Porky1999

Thanks for taking the time to reach out to the QuickBooks Community for support and sharing the details of your error message. 

We currently have an open investigation concerning this error message (INV-71365). We understand the importance of getting this error resolved. Please know that our Engineering Team are working diligently to have this matter resolved as quickly as possible. 

I recommend contacting our Technical Support Team so you can be added to the list of affected users. This way, you'll receive email updates on the status of the investigation and will be notified once it's fixed. You can use the link I've included below to connect with an agent. 

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns. Take care! 

EmilyMercado
Level 2

Other questions

Whenever I click on the unbilled time it takes me to the Time Activity page to add time. I have no option to delete any of the time charges from years and years ago. This is ridiculous! 4 years later and they haven't solved the issue.

DB6797
Level 2

Other questions

March 2024 and I have the same situation with no help through support or feedback on how to accomplish this.  

What a mess!!!!!

Please let me know if you've found a resolution.