I marked the invoices as paid and then deposited the money but I split the check between two accounts. I called QB she told me to delete the deposit in my check register and now it shows the invoices as not paid. I called back and they said to add it back but it doubles my account balance in QB. How do I mark these invoices as paid without it being marked as a deposit into my account in QB? Please HELP
Solved! Go to Solution.
Is there a way to mark an invoice as paid and not have it...
Let me help you mark your invoice as paid, taurusoilfield.
We can edit your existing deposit and change its account to Accounts Receivable. This way, we can link it to your invoice without affecting the bank balance.
- Open the Deposit, and under the Add New Deposits section, select the customer's name for Received From.
- Change the Account to Accounts Receivable.
- Click Save and close.
- Click the Plus icon in the upper-right hand corner.
- Under Customers, select Receive Payment.
- Choose your customer's name.
- Under the Outstanding Transactions section, select your invoice and the Deposit under Credits.
- Click Save and Close.
I've attached a screenshot for your reference.
If you have other questions about recording transactions in QuickBooks Online, just let me know.