annstephens
Level 3

Recording Donations received via PayPal

QB Desktop for nonprofits Premier 2019.

I'm just starting QB for the first time this new year in 2019. I have set up the books and done all the donations/deposits and bill payments for our checking and savings account. I am now recording the donations made to our PayPal account using Donations icon (Sales Receipts). I listed each donor and the date and amount of the donation, including the PP fee with a negative number (-0.74) so the actual amount that we receive is correct. However now i have those donations showing in my Make Deposits window and I wouldn't be making a deposit to our bank account with those. I would be occasionally just be transferring the balance from PP to our checking account several donations at a time. How do i clear the Make Deposits window? I see on the home screen that i have 3 deposits (in red) to be made. Do i actually "make a deposit" somehow to our PP account in QBs? But if i did that, then whenever i actually transferred an accumulated amount of deposits from PP to checking, the checking balance wouldn't reconcile.

Thanks for your help.

Ann

Solved