Anonymous
Not applicable

Payments

Hi, @MonicaG.

It's nice to see you again in the Community. I'd be glad to help record these transactions in QuickBooks so you can reconcile both your March and April statement.

You can use a clearing account in recording these transactions. A clearing account can be used when you cannot move the money directly. Please refer to this article for the steps in setting up a clearing account: Set up a clearing account.

Then, you'll have to create a check for the deduction showing on your march statement. Make sure to select the clearing account on the Expenses tab.

Then make a deposit for the April statement using the clearing account and A/R. 

This will zero out your clearing account. Then the remaining amount can be applied to your customer's next payment.

That should do it. You'll be able to reconcile your transactions after following this process.

If you need more references in the future, you can always visit our site: Help articles for QuickBooks Desktop.

Keep me posted if you have additional questions about using the clearing account. I'll be here to help however I can.

View solution in original post