BlabberMouth
Level 1

Turn off E-file

I signed up fro E-pay fro Federal and State taxes and now have received delinquency notices. I want to turn this feature off but can't see how to do it. Help!

Rose-A

Payments

Thanks for checking in with us, BlabberMouth.

I'd be happy to help you turn off your E-file feature in QuickBooks Desktop for Mac.

To turn off this feature, you'll need to log in to your Intuit Online Payroll account.

Here's how:

1. Go to https://iop.intuit.com.
  2. Go to Setup tab and select Update Electronic Services.
  3. Click the Add/Edit Electronic Services and hit Continue.
  4. Click Continue.
  5. Select No, I want to manage my payroll taxes outside of my payroll account and hit Continue.

You may find these articles helpful:

As always, you can reach out to our QuickBooks Desktop for Mac Support if you'd like someone to be with you as you go through these steps. They can pull up your account in a secure environment and assist you further.

1. Go to: https://help.quickbooks.intuit.com/en_US/contact.
  2. Choose your QuickBooks Product.           
  3. Select your QuickBooks version.
  4. On the Contact Us page, click a topic.
  5. Click on the Get Phone Number button to see the support number.

I'm always here to help you if you need more help in turning off your E-file feature in QuickBooks. Have a good one.

Michelle E
Level 1

Payments

I have quickbooks payroll online... how can I turn off the E-file & pay feature?

JamesDuanT

Payments

Hello Michelle E,

Here's a quick guide on how to turn off the E-File and Pay feature in QBO:

1. Click the Gear icon in the upper-right corner and select Payroll Settings.
  2. Go to the Electronic Services section.
  3. Select Manually with paper coupons.
  4. Click Next and save the changes.

You can also use this link for reference: Update your business info in online payroll.

We'll be right here if you have more questions. Have a great day!

Scott_H
Level 1

Payments

I pay filing services for three states. I turned off one of the states because I no longer have to file reports in Missouri - but I'm still being charged for the state filing. How do I stop being charged 12 extra dollars a month for a state I no longer have to file reports with?

MadelynC

Payments

Welcome to the Community, @Scott_H.

Thanks for alerting us. I want to help, but there’s a right department that can help you further with this matter.

I suggest contacting our Payroll Support team so they can take a look at your account. They can help prevent future charges for state filing. You can check our support hours of operation so you can contact them at the time convenient to you: Support hours and types.

Depend on your QuickBooks version, here's how to reach them:

In case you need some information about managing QuickBooks in the future. You can always check out this link to learn more: Help articles. Just click the drop-down arrow to switch to your version.

Please don’t hesitate to visit again if you have other concern. Thanks.