Re: Mac version not treating old general journal as payment
Welcome to the Intuit Community, anotherPoet.
I’m happy to know you’re interested in using QuickBooks Desktop for Mac. Let’s link the payment to the invoice to properly track the transactions.
I have a few easy steps to do this in the Mac version. Here’s how:
- At the top menu bar of your company file, choose Customers and select Receive Payments.
- You can either click the “Create a Payment” option or tap the Plus icon at the bottom.
- At the top of the Payments window, select or enter the information on the following fields Customer:job, Date, Amount, Pmt. Method, and Check No.
- Select the outstanding invoices and charges you’re receiving the payment for.
- Click Save to process the transaction.
To connect the existing credit:
- Follow Step 1 above.
- Choose the correct customer.
- You’ll see the amount of the credit on the right panel.
- Enter the amount you want to apply, then mark the box for Apply Existing Credits.
- Click on Save.
For additional resources, I’m adding a video tutorial for visual reference as well as a guide for the step by step process. Go to pages 102 and 111.
You can download the article by going to the Need help section. Simply visit this site: https://qblittlesquare.com/.
This should point you in the right direction. Let me know how these steps work for you. I want to make sure you’re all set with this concern.