KhimG
QuickBooks Team

Reports and accounting

Good day, @ssteiner.

Thanks for dropping by the Community. I’m here to share some information about transferring data from QuickBooks Self-Employed to QuickBooks Online or Desktop.

Since they are all different platforms, you would need to unsubscribe from the Self-Employed version and subscribe into another QuickBooks product. 

You can download a .CSV file for your transactions and import them to QuickBooks Online Simple Start, Essentials, or Plus by using the WebConnect process. However, the ability in exporting to QuickBooks Desktop isn’t currently supported.

If you’d like to be able to send information, I recommend giving feedback to the Developers for the inclusion of this option in future product updates. You may send your suggestion by going to the following link: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/commerce/common/fragments/feedback.jsp. I’ll make sure to do the same thing on my end as well.

Here’s how to download transactions and save it as a CSV file in QBSE:
1.    Log into your account.
2.    Select Transactions from the left navigation bar.
3.    Customize the date range of your transactions.
4.    Click the Download icon at the right.
5.    Name and save the CSV file on your desktop.

QBSE Transactions 1.PNG

To import data in QBO, follow the steps below:
1.    Log into your account.
2.    Select Banking from the left navigation and click Banking.
3.    Choose File Upload.
4.    Browse to the location of your saved CSV file from your desktop.
5.    Confirm mapping of column names for import. Perform the necessary mapping of transactions into the QBO Chart of Accounts.
6.    Hit Next, then Finish when you’re done.

QBSE Transactions 2.PNGQBSE Transactions 3.PNG

Please take note that only cash posting transactions are transferred into QBO. 
For more information, you may check out this article: QuickBooks Self-Employed: Import, export, and conversion limitations.

That should get you pointed in the right direction. Feel free to leave a comment if you need anything else. I’ll be here to help you out. Have a nice day!