Mavors19
Level 1

Manufacturing Accounting for Internal Orders/Jobs (Inventory, PPE)

I run a manufacturing company that buys raw materials and produces finished goods for sale.  Each order/sale is done by a job number.  How do I account for internal jobs/orders?  For example, I bought and used raw materials to manufacture a desk that is being used by my company and is being depreciated as a fixed asset as it's furniture.  Is there a better way to account for the desk other than making a manual inventory adjustment and general journal entries?  I cannot make a job order as that's under customers as I cannot sell to myself.  I cannot touch the P&L.  I can only impact the BS by reducing inventory and increasing fixed assets.  Additionally, I need to account for labor costs (manufacturing the desk), installation costs, etc. which needs additional journal entries to properly value the desk in fixed assets.  I'm hoping there is a way to create a job in Quickbooks that will let me track all the job costs related to producing the desk (including raw materials, labor costs, etc.).  Is there a way to do this? Or do I have to manually account for everything?  Thank you for your help on this matter.

Solved