JanyRoseB
QuickBooks Team

Reports and accounting

Hello there, @nrhodes51.

Thanks for reaching out to us. I'm here to help and resolve the issue on the Budget Overview report so you can back to your business.

In this case, there's a possibility that when you created a budget, one of your accounts was not included. To resolve this, you'll need to set up a new one. 

Let me walk you through the process: 

1.  At the top menu bar, click Company.
  2. Go to Planning & Budgeting.
  3. Select Set Up Budgets.
  4. Choose Create New Budget.
  5. Specify the budget year, then choose between Profit and Loss and Balance Sheet.
  6. (For Profit and Loss Budget) Specify an additional criteria of either Customer:Job or Class (if class tracking is on).
  7.  Select whether you want to: Create budget from scratch: Manually enter amounts for each account that you want to track. Create budget from the previous year's actual data: Let QuickBooks Desktop automatically enter the monthly totals from last year for each account in the budget.
  8. Select Finish

For additional reference, you can check this article: Create a budget or forecast in QuickBooks Desktop.

Once done, you now now pull up the Budget Overview report and select the budget you created when generating the report. 

If you need further assistance with the steps, i recommend calling our QuickBooks Desktop Support Team. They have additional tools to pull up your account and do a screen share. 

Here's how you can contact our phone support: 

1. Click this link: https://help.quickbooks.intuit.com/en_US/contact.
  2. Select US version of QuickBooks Desktop, and click Contact Us.
  3. Type-in Customer Care on the search bar.
  4. Click Get the phone number below. 

That's it! Please let me know how it goes. If you have other concerns about Budget Overview report, don't hesitate to leave a comment below. Wishing you and your business continued success.