Rustler
Level 15

Reports and accounting

@ljfd wrote:

I have 2018 quickbooks desktop pro.  Is there an add on module or something to record fixed assets and calculate the associated depreciation schedules?  Everything I have come across looks like I would need to buy quickbooks accountant premier version, which is $$$ every year.

When you go to purchase premier in the US, down at the bottom in pricing is this statement

Want to buy QuickBooks Accountant Desktop without a ProAdvisor membership,
or need to purchase for multiple desktop users? Call [removed]

What you did was buy a subscription, joined the pro advisor program which includes an annual update to QB, a newer version in other words

if you call and order it withOUT the pro advisor membership it is a flat price, and will be supported for 3 years for incremental updates.  After 3 years it still works fine, with the exception of any online connections to banking, payroll, etc.  So at worst, you buy it every 3 years

all my FA are under the parent account, a balance sheet allows me to collapse the sub accounts showing just the sum total as fixed assets.  Once a year I bring up a memorized summary journal entry, and if necessary  edit any values that need it, and save.  Compound journal entry, depreciation expense, and then all accumulated depreciation accounts.  Quick and easy.